The Tyler Fedun File

bob_sauve28

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Fedun

Nice to see a young player with talent on d. He obviously has offensive talent but not sure about his defensive ability, though when he was on the ice the Stanley cup champs didn't score. Anyone else notice anything about him?

He had a really bad injury earlier in his career but recovered from that.

They say one player makes others around them better, and our passing last night was much better. Was it this kid's passing ability that got the other players to focus more on that aspect of the game? Who wants a kid like that showing up everyone?

I'm not sure where I land on this 28 year old "kid" but I can't say I'm shocked. He has a ton of hockey under his belt. Three years of junior, 4 years of college hockey and 5 years as a professional. He's played for a while now.

Maybe just maybe they found something with this guy but in leaning toward what everyone else has come up with at this point. Not quite an NHL player.

I'm not sure where I land on this 28 year old "kid" but I can't say I'm shocked. He has a ###### ton of hockey under his belt. Three years of junior, 4 years of college hockey and 5 years as a professional. He's played for a while now.

Maybe just maybe they found something with this guy but in leaning toward what everyone else has come up with at this point. Not quite an NHL player.

I agree generally, but in 2 games he has outplayed Kulikov, Bogosian, Franson, Gorges, and Nelson.  I'm not expecting a miracle with him, but if he continues to play a smart simple game and adds to the PP, then lets roll the dice and play him.

I agree generally, but in 2 games he has outplayed Kulikov, Bogosian, Franson, Gorges, and Nelson. I'm not expecting a miracle with him, but if he continues to play a smart simple game and adds to the PP, then lets roll the dice and play him.

Everyone also annoited Casey Nelson the prodigal son when he score 4 points in 7 games last year. Then sample size hit and we found out he blows goats .

I'm not a huge fan of Falk and Fedun, yet, but them playing does illustrate the benefits of giving minutes to veteran D men, who have some ability, over a young player like Nelson who has shown to not be ready for the assignments he was being given.

I'd like to see our defence corps once Kulikov comes back:

Gorges - Ristolainen

McCabe - Franson

Kulikov - Fedun

Fedun, when paired with a guy like Kulikov, would I think be pretty serviceable.

I'm not a huge fan of Falk and Fedun, yet, but them playing does illustrate the benefits of giving minutes to veteran D men, who have some ability, over a young player like Nelson who has shown to not be ready for the assignments he was being given.

I'd like to see our defence corps once Kulikov comes back:

Gorges - Ristolainen

McCabe - Franson

Kulikov - Fedun

Fedun, when paired with a guy like Kulikov, would I think be pretty serviceable.

:sick:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.