OT: Thanksgiving!

ubkev

Inky,

That is awesome. Great seeing the Grinch's heart grow 3 sizes that day. :)

My that is awesome - Thanksgiving version - the mutt experiencing a tryptophan coma from the scraps we gave him today. Maple smoked a bird & did another butterball in the oven just in case the smoked one didn't work out. They both turned out awesome & am now looking @ leftover turkey for the next month.

How is skiing or boarding there, bio? I'm going to try to learn skiing this winter. Snow boarding didn't go so well, I don't like my feet trapped that way. Hoping skiing is more like skating so I can stop better

Haha skiers always say that about their feet; I prefer having them together because you only have two edges to worry about vs four (and you're a lot less likely to eff up your knees)! But it's usually pretty awesome out here. Right now not so much because it's been unusually warm this month so very little terrain is open and the base is icy, but in another few weeks should be good.

How is skiing or boarding there, bio? I'm going to try to learn skiing this winter. Snow boarding didn't go so well, I don't like my feet trapped that way. Hoping skiing is more like skating so I can stop better

Skier here. I can board, but I've been skiing since I could walk, so naturally, I don't board. There is a skiing/skating parallel, but I don't know how much it will help you. After all, the rink is not sloped downhill, and skis go a whole lot faster than skates.

That said, skiing has to be way safer than boarding. I've only blown up one knee, broken both feet, cracked 2 ribs and been concussed once. Very safe sport.

I had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving week.  I didn't post here all week because I had family in town, and I had a great time with them.  I taught my niece and nephew how to throw a bowling ball (they're 7 and 6, so this is new stuff!), I took them up to Harborcenter, which they loved, took them aboard the USS The Sullivans, which they also loved.  I also put together a USA map puzzle with them, so they learned a bit about different states, took them to Dave & Busters, taught one of them (the nephew) to behave a little bit in nice restaurants, and everything.  Oh, and my niece and I defeated my B-I-L and my nephew, 2-0, playing bubble hockey in a three-game series.  We had the Sabres.  They had the Bruins.

It was a great week.

Edited by Eleven

There are parallels, I think it's harder to go the other way; once you downhill ski and then try to skate you miss all the ski boot ankle support and being able to lean forward and backward without dying.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.