Do you ever see NHL players wearing glasses on ice?

Stacks of luncheon meat, getting laid, soft ones slipping out and Al Arbour's pic... stopppppp! It's Friday night.

I have been wearing contacts since I could count my age on my hands, and you are correct.  Four concussions, contacts never came out.

Things start to come into focus now...

I believe Al Arbour was last player to wear glasses

Nickname: Radar.

i wear hard lenses exclusively. and they do pop out on occasion when things happen... more often though, even if i just rub my eyes sometimes one will slip off my retina for a second or 2 and that can suck... especially when driving...

I didn't know anyone still did that.  Do you also wear a cilice?

Oh, the new soft ones are nice, but it's not like the difference between the old soft ones and the old hard lenses.  Seriously, a HARD piece of plastic IN YOUR ###### EYE.  I can't even begin to explain.

Tried wearing the semi permeable ones, I hated them and swore off contacts. 

Wore glasses, but I have a giant head so none of the "cool frames" worked and that led to a severe delay in this 

Remember the first time you got laid?

I didn't know anyone still did that. Do you also wear a cilice?

I have a friend who can only wear hard lenses due to whatever his eye condition is. His eyes are bloodshot 75% of the time. And he's only baked about a third of the time.

So, talking to my wife about KO's retina, it occurred to us you never see players wearing glasses on ice. They can't possibly be wearing contacts, can they, with all of the physical play?

How does KO literally see the ice?

Players have worn contacts for years.

I recall Lindy Ruff losing one (as a player) many years ago; he and others were on their knees behind the net looking for the thing after the whistle!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.