Reinhart Eichel vs Ekblad McDavid

NHLBUFF

He was coming off of injury for the WJC, I would dismiss it if I were you. Gotta take the best players available at the time of the tourney 

Really?  He's played 44 of the teams 47 games.  If he was hurt then I will dismiss it but it couldn't have been anything too significant.

Really?  He's played 44 of the teams 47 games.  If he was hurt then I will dismiss it but it couldn't have been anything too significant.

Turns out I lied. I could have sworn I read that he was coming off of injury for try-outs, but I just searched as hard as I was willing to and was unable to find any info

Chychrun will not be chosen in the top 5.    Even if we have a shot, Matthews, laine, puljujarvi, tkachuk , nylander I consider to be better options.

Edit: well maybe the last two are a bit more doubtfull but still, I think any gm will pass on chychrun for those 5.

Edited by Huckleberry

Chychrun will not be chosen in the top 5.    Even if we have a shot, Matthews, laine, puljujarvi, tkachuk , nylander I consider to be better options.

Edit: well maybe the last two are a bit more doubtfull but still, I think any gm will pass on chychrun for those 5.

Randomly, but who do you have after Matthews? Mainly, do you like Puljujarvi or Laine?

Personally, I like Puljujarvi. Then again, I'm really not the draft expert. That's Crusader, Hoss, and Liger, to name a few[/quote

Puljujarvi is my personal choice for this draft if I'm not drating first. Really both of the Finns are built to play on Jack's wing. The one thing I find interesting is how similar Patrick Kane and Patrick Laine' s sound. Maybe its fate we get Laine just because of the name similarity.

Personally, I like Puljujarvi. Then again, I'm really not the draft expert. That's Crusader, Hoss, and Liger, to name a few[/quote

Puljujarvi is my personal choice for this draft if I'm not drating first. Really both of the Finns are built to play on Jack's wing. The one thing I find interesting is how similar Patrick Kane and Patrick Laine' s sound. Maybe its fate we get Laine just because of the name similarity.

It's actually pronounced "Lie-neh" from what I've gathered. Would love him here either way.

There is no way Edmonton passes on Chychrun if they are picking 4th and he's there. They probably take him 2nd.

And for my money, I'll guess that Murray would take Chychrun 2nd overall as well.

In order of preference for me, I'll go: Matthews, Chychrun, Puljujarvi, Laine. I think there is a bit of a drop there, but Tkachuk would be a good 5th.

The title of the thread got me here

Such a great clip.

Hopefully.  I'm still pretty concerned as to why he was cut from one of the worst Canadian WJC teams in recent memory though.

http://www.tsn.ca/2016-world-juniors-team-canada-roster-1.412372

Just glancing at the roster quick, they seemed to opt for age to a significant degree. Most of the D chosen were 19, and two were 18. He would have been the only 17 year old selected on D, and the only draft eligible d-man as well. They seemed to be leaning towards older players. I'm not too worried about him not making it.

Although someone here may have more info on precisely why he wasn't selected.

Everything I have heard is that he is a top notch prospect.

Edited by Thorny

McDavid > Eichel > Ekblad > Reinhart has to be the consensus.

Ekblad is better than I thought he was, but Sam will be better than we've seen and could still beat him.

Ekblad's been a man since he was 12 and won't be much better at 25 than he is now.

(Which is still a #1 d)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.