Faith, overrated or not - BELIEVE

MODO Hockey

I can see it,

This team has it. They just need this little tipoff.

The game tonight against STB was just amazing imo, over all 3 periods our team tried their best and did so good.

Linus Ullmark did what he could, he is a young man trying hard in a league he never even thought he would play in

next 2 years. This young man is giving his best with 2 hip surgurys done recently (not that its any excuse) but

he is f-cking trying really hard and so is our team.

But the luck are never with 'trying hard teams', that is just how this plays.

You just have to keep trying, and if not given up, you will succeed.

Believe,

Believe.jpg

I'm still basically fine with this team when projecting the rest of the season. Our November schedule is a murderer's row and, quite frankly, above our weight class right now. Once we start facing lesser teams we'll be fine.

Every time there is mass panic I'm reminded of how winning 10/13 last year would definitely cost us the tank. It's a marathon (or a PA 5k) with ups and downs, but long haul we're looking better than not.

I'm still basically fine with this team when projecting the rest of the season. Our November schedule is a murderer's row and, quite frankly, above our weight class right now. Once we start facing lesser teams we'll be fine.

Every time there is mass panic I'm reminded of how winning 10/13 last year would definitely cost us the tank. It's a marathon (or a PA 5k) with ups and downs, but long haul we're looking better than not.

Yup. Facing, literally, 3 of the best teams in the league 6/8 games I believe is just stupid on the NHL's part. Seriously, for an organization worth billions they can't make a competent schedule? It gets a lot easier after this month

I honestly think that if this team has a shot at making the playoffs around trade deadline, Murray might consider adding some pieces for a run.

Don't even think we'll have to pay much seeing some good teams really are badly cap strapped with like 200k left :D

If we keep this up #tankformatthews  :unsure:

Edited by Huckleberry

Yup. Facing, literally, 3 of the best teams in the league 6/8 games I believe is just ###### stupid on the NHL's part. Seriously, for an organization worth billions they can't make a competent schedule? It gets a lot easier after this month

I've always felt this is not a valid complaint.  If we're facing the tough teams now (when frankly I wouldn't expect us to win much more even against so-so teams), it means the so-so teams are ahead of us.  I think it's better to face the tough teams first.  It gives the Sabres a glimpse at what it takes to be great and helps them elevate their goals.  Now work hard, follow the system, and the lesser teams will fall to our blades.

If the Sabres make the playoffs this year (still a very real possibility), I'd much rather have them faltering now than as they wind up the season.  This is exactly when we should be playing the top teams.  This schedule is the league's gift to us.

I've always felt this is not a valid complaint.  If we're facing the tough teams now (when frankly I wouldn't expect us to win much more even against so-so teams), it means the so-so teams are ahead of us.  I think it's better to face the tough teams first.  It gives the Sabres a glimpse at what it takes to be great and helps them elevate their goals.  Now work hard, follow the system, and the lesser teams will fall to our blades.

If the Sabres make the playoffs this year (still a very real possibility), I'd much rather have them faltering now than as they wind up the season.  This is exactly when we should be playing the top teams.  This schedule is the league's gift to us.

Facing 6/8 of the the toughest teams given each 6 team is different is one thing, facing the same 3 opponents 6 times is stupid

I honestly think that if this team has a shot at making the playoffs around trade deadline, Murray might consider adding some pieces for a run.

Don't even think we'll have to pay much seeing some good teams really are badly cap strapped with like 200k left :D

If we keep this up #tankformatthews  :unsure:

Would I be mad if the Sabres landed him? No, of course not. But I want it to be on a next to no chance at winning the lottery. Buffalo's going to start picking up the W's. Chemistry will improve. Eventually DD will wake up and decrease Gionta's role/ice time. There will be improvement as the young players adapt to the game. Eichel left the ice a few time last night when he should have stayed. That'll change as he plays. Take Kane, not Evander, for example. The guy showed his talent his rookie year, but routinely made mistakes here and there. It's a part of the game. And take a look at Kane right now. He's arguably the best player in the NHL this season. The guy is racking up points in a league having difficulty w/ scoring. 

I miss Jim Lorentz

I actually kind of miss the days of lower expectations.  Each season we had a chance to be '99 or '06.  Not a great chance, but a chance.  And they made it to the Cup finals once, and the conference finals once.  Woohoo.  Whether or not we made it very far was just whether we got hot at the right time and whether the goalie held up.

Now there's this pressure that we've rebuilt, we've got the key pieces in place, and there is a real expectation that the Sabres will be a contender, if not this year, in the near future.  It's almost like a loss of innocence.  We *have* to do well because we've prepared for it and it's expected.  It's not just, well maybe the team will exceed expectations this year, the expectations are high now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.