Overturned Goal... WHOA!!

Cage

When a goal is scored and the ref misses it, the play can go on for 10 minutes and that'll be wiped out when the play stops and the review goes back and checks it out. Are you guys mad about that too?

The process needs to be streamlined, but "correct" is better than all the arguments for flow and let them play, etc.

When a goal is scored and the ref misses it, the play can go on for 10 minutes and that'll be wiped out when the play stops and the review goes back and checks it out. Are you guys mad about that too?

The process needs to be streamlined, but "correct" is better than all the arguments for flow and let them play, etc.

Why stop at offsides? Review pucks into the netting and play continues. High sticks. Hand passes. Penalties. I have no problem with goaltender interference being reviews. It bears directly on the goal.

I've been away so I'm late to the party here. Can I offer a different opinion on this? Everyone says that this rule really messes with the flow of the game, but how much more do the countless off-sides whistles mess with the flow?

I'll contend that this rule will actually improve the flow of games. That's right, I said it. Players now have to take extra care in not being offside for fear of have a goal taken off the board. The only punishment before was merely having a face-off right where the puck was anyway.

I'll take an extra long review every 5 games over 20 off-sides stoppages per game any day.

[/2¢]

That's a fresh take for sure. I'm not sure it makes sense, because players have had every incentive to stay onside before now. But I imagine the league knows how many offsides take place every season, and it will be interesting to know if the number goes down this season.

I've tried to recall a controversial goal where a play was off sides leading up to it and I can't. I remember in like 1981 in game five against the Nordiques Mike Foligino scored a late goal but he was off side but aside from that.

So I just don't think this was a glaring situation that required a solution. Don't fix what isn't broken

I've tried to recall a controversial goal where a play was off sides leading up to it and I can't. I remember in like 1981 in game five against the Nordiques Mike Foligino scored a late goal but he was off side but aside from that.

So I just don't think this was a glaring situation that required a solution. Don't fix what isn't broken

There's a couple, but not many.

Briere in the playoffs

The Duchene goal was brutally bad:

I don't know. they used to be part of the game with concurrent penalties. I always loved them. Anything that limits the use of the shoot-out is good by me.

Agree w/ both. Hoping that when people see how exciting 3 on 3 is, that it gets brought back to regular play as well. Only 3 teams voted against doing away w/ having both players sit on concurrent penalties way back when. Extremely disappointed the Sabres weren't a 4th to vote against it.

I agree.... and I think the more unfortunate problem with this particular call is that it affected the momentum of the game and perhaps ultimately the outcome.  

Didn't the Islanders beat the Flyers in the Finals on a very famous off-sides goal? 

I don't know. they used to be part of the game with concurrent penalties. I always loved them. Anything that limits the use of the shoot-out is good by me. 

This is true. Also, as I watch the 3 on 3 more and see that teams are getting a little bit more used to playing them, and fine tuning their strategies therein, I am starting to like the 3 on 3 more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.