NHL Power Rankings

PromoTheRobot

If there's any team I'd question being above us is maybe Philly, Boston and Colorado. Colorado solely because what I've seen of them in the preseason has been seriously ugly. Boston is 1 injury on D from having a D no better than ours or even worse and a far older top 6. Philly is typically just a wild card thus I have no evidence to support them being better or worse than us.

I like this thread

I'm surprised the Oiler's are ranked behind us at 26th

I can see it go either way. Every year should be the one the Oilers turn around, but every year you can't escape the fact that adding another 18-year-old potential superstar to their line-up may not be the way to turn things around.

I like this thread

I'm surprised the Oiler's are ranked behind us at 26th

This is the team that signed Andrew Ference and went "Yup, our defense is all fixed" just to turn around 2 seasons later and throw him on the trading block now. They have offensive talent, but they have no leadership. They haven't had a decent GM since Sather and honestly his success was all because Larry Gordon managed to trade for Gretzky and then got to keep him on some ridiculous contract they had him sign. Until they get a GM that can put together a solid team with a mix of veteran leadership and young talent, including some sound blue liners, they'll never be good anywhere other than on paper.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.