THE INTERSTELLAR THREAD

Fidelio

Watching this movie for the first time (celebrating my birthday) was one of the top 5 film experiences of my life, if not the best. I love to hear peoples opinions on this masterpiece, as it has been somewhat polarizing, receiving mixed critical feedback. The themes it explores, the relative scientific realism it maintains (and the bravery when it speculates), the cinematography and the cosmic shots were just mesmerizing.  The idea that gravity, in the broadest sense,  is the ubiquitous force many associate with the will of god; that thing that binds matter in all magnitudes, binds galaxies to black holes, solar systems to galaxies, planets to suns, people to the earth, people to each other.. gives form to fields that constitute our existence at the most basic levels, its really enjoyable to ponder.  Even in a metaphysical sense, where we are all just being "drawn" to and from each other/ places/ times, thoughts, levels of consciousness etc., this portrays a beautiful,  hypothetical but rational picture of a potential higher order of the 4 dimensions we experience and possible connections between those we are yet to perceive.  

I would love to hear others experience and thoughts about the movie or if you haven't seen it, your address,  so I can mail you my copy.  

Edited by Tank4Matthews16

Enjoyed watching Interstellar so much it quickly fell into my top 10. One of the many the reasons I liked Interstellar so much is the number of ideas and theories in it. Many of which I was introduced to in college. Had a professor that was doing some type of research for NASA. We had  lengthy, yet very interesting discussions about ideas or theories I had never heard of before. To see them used in Interstellar made the movie very enjoyable to watch. Honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it. Interstellar has become one of those movies where if I can't decide what I want to watch I simply put it on. 

Here's what I know. When I throw  a football and it arches back down to earth, its making the same motion the moon is. The moon was "thrown out" from Earth, or was flying by or something, and has momentum but the gravity of the earth is also pulling it in, so its own momentum combines with earth's gravity to keep in going round and round.

Edit: Oh ya, my football and the moon are also pulling on the earth, just like Newton's apple was pulling the earth towards it, too.

Here's what I know. When I throw  a football and it arches back down to earth, its making the same motion the moon is. The moon was "thrown out" from Earth, or was flying by or something, and has momentum but the gravity of the earth is also pulling it in, so its own momentum combines with earth's gravity to keep in going round and round.

Edit: Oh ya, my football and the moon are also pulling on the earth, just like Newton's apple was pulling the earth towards it, too.

You and Newton have one helava arm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.