Finally: Talking Hockey Again

LGR4GM

Is anyone else as relieved as I am that we are talking about hockey decisions again? 

It hit me while I listened to WGR this morning.  We weren't talking about how we were going to tank or not tank, or how crappy life is but instead talking about Jack Eichel and how he is Getzlaf like.  About how Larsson was really good in his final stint in Buffalo.  About how Zemgus would be a great 2nd line winger in the mold of Dustin Brown but better.

We get to finally discuss hockey again.  I missed it. 

And along those lines, the Defense is interesting for next year.  Obviously Bogo, and Gorges, Risto, Pysyk.  But no one talks about Strachan as part of the long range D.  I like his size and nastiness and he seemed to get better as the year went on.  I think he replaces Weber on third pair with either McCabe or Zadorov and the other as backup.  Any thoughts.  Weber would be good down in Rochester as depth or in a trade.

Is anyone else as relieved as I am that we are talking about hockey decisions again? 

It hit me while I listened to WGR this morning.  We weren't talking about how we were going to tank or not tank, or how crappy life is but instead talking about Jack Eichel and how he is Getzlaf like.  About how Larsson was really good in his final stint in Buffalo.  About how Zemgus would be a great 2nd line winger in the mold of Dustin Brown but better.

Definitely, we're talking about positive things.  Like trading for O'Reilly, the growth and development of Girgensons, Larsson, Ristolainen, and so on.  It was a really tough season to which most had their blinders on for too long.  It's time to take them off and enjoy the view on what should be a successful other side.  Hopefully this offseason can culminate in some further building blocks: O'Reilly, Frolik, Franson were three that I put in the prediction thread.   Lines of:  Ennis-Eichel-Kane, Moulson-Girgenson-O'Reilly, Gionta-Rienhart-Frolik, Foligno-Larsson-Deslauriers, and pairings of:  Zadorov-Ristolainen, Franson-Bogosian, Gorges-Pysyk  (Screwed up not checking if Franson was a righty, thought he was a lefty), and goalies of: Michal Neuvirth or Robin Lehner and Matt O'Connor or Chad Johnson.

Edited by TheCerebral1

You must have missed that portion of this morning's festivities that addressed the ridiculousness that is our Murray press conference thread.

It felt like a brand new era around 930 on Friday April 10th.  It's so exciting to be talking hockey again.  I was all in on the tank early and actually hoping Murray didn't bring in too high end of players at last years free agency.  My God I am so glad that is over and I can go back to being all in on this franchise to win starting today.  I saw some of those Eichel T-Shirts in the other thread and told my wife this feels like 2005 again where on a trip down to Buffalo I would want to buy up the entire store.  Times are a changing.....

And along those lines, the Defense is interesting for next year.  Obviously Bogo, and Gorges, Risto, Pysyk.  But no one talks about Strachan as part of the long range D.  I like his size and nastiness and he seemed to get better as the year went on.  I think he replaces Weber on third pair with either McCabe or Zadorov and the other as backup.  Any thoughts.  Weber would be good down in Rochester as depth or in a trade.

I wold take Weber over Strachan.

I wonder where Johan Larsson's position on the team is?  Larsson impressed down the stretch.

I'd like to see Larsson playing LW with Grigorenko centering and Gionta on the RW. Grigorenko seems like a more natural center but I think the 3 of them could form a pretty good third line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.