Connor McDavid Highlights

IKnowPhysics

Sorry, but Eichel is more than a consolation prize. He might not be Mcdavid, but he is far better prospect than most the last ten years.

I agree..  He is still the consolation prize for losing the lottery.  Otherwise he would be drafted number 1 and not consensus number 2

I've already convinced myself the Sabres will not win the lottery. It'll help prevent a let down. Had my moment of excitement when Columbus scored the eventual game winning goal last week to secure "McEichel" for Buffalo. Just hope Eichel doesn't stay in college. 

If the Sabres win the lottery and get McDavid, I see five-seven years out of him tops.

Back when the Sabres selected Perreault, players couldn't force their way out of town. If they could, Perreault would've been gone to the Habs, his dream destination. As great as he was, I'm convinced he would've been greater playing out his dream.

McDavid's dream is to play with the Leafs, Buffalo's chief rival, but a rivalry that doesn't mean much to anyone else in the league. In this hockey era, great players can orchestrate the situations they want. Now Pegula might bribe him into a few years with insane money, but I don't think Buffalo means much to him. You only live once and by hook or crook, I see McDavid eventually going to the Leafs, if not by some manipulation of the lottery, then a few years down the road by his choice along with a powerful agent. 

And Eichel, if he turns out...he grew up near Boston...

If the Sabres win the lottery and get McDavid, I see five-seven years out of him tops.

Back when the Sabres selected Perreault, players couldn't force their way out of town. If they could, Perreault would've been gone to the Habs, his dream destination. As great as he was, I'm convinced he would've been greater playing out his dream.

McDavid's dream is to play with the Leafs, Buffalo's chief rival, but a rivalry that doesn't mean much to anyone else in the league. In this hockey era, great players can orchestrate the situations they want. Now Pegula might bribe him into a few years with insane money, but I don't think Buffalo means much to him. You only live once and by hook or crook, I see McDavid eventually going to the Leafs, if not by some manipulation of the lottery, then a few years down the road by his choice along with a powerful agent. 

And Eichel, if he turns out...he grew up near Boston...

Plenty of players have had a change of heart as they played w/ a team and had success. Not a hockey player, but a great example is Jim Kelly. Guy wanted nothing to do w/ the Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.