Desert Dogs @ Vancouver: 4-9-2015 10pm EST

CallawaySabres

Anyone sweating yet? Was hoping Anaheim would wrap up the West tonight to make Yotes game Saturday meaningless. Not so fast as things just are not falling our way yet. Yes, we have 4 more shots at this but I can't handle the pressure of that Columbus game.

Desert Dogs, you got this right?!

Yep.

Although it's less "sweating" and more like embracing the grim realization that we're heading for the worst ending to a season in Buffalo history. (Yes, worse than the Super Bowl losses.  Worse than Homerun Throw-forward.  Worse than Brett Hull.  Worse than Darius Kasparitis.  Worse than Jay McKee's staph infection.)

Yeah, because we started Coyotes GDT for the other 48 losses they had. 

MD  Callaway wanted to start a thread where we could discuss a specific topic, so what.

It's nothing to be proud about.  People make mistakes.  I've made a few, and they resulted in warning points.  That was a different time, though, where winning was winning, and we would shoot Coyotes on sight.  Callaway ain't half bad for starting this thread, but it goes against the current, and he can either realize it, or fight against it.  Likely, he'll ignore it, seeing as he ain't even signed in.  I reckon it ain't a jinx, it's just a bunch of losers rooting for Coyetes, and a guy who is standing up for the right to such leisure time activities.  Hyah!

Yep.

Although it's less "sweating" and more like embracing the grim realization that we're heading for the worst ending to a season in Buffalo history. (Yes, worse than the Super Bowl losses.  Worse than Homerun Throw-forward.  Worse than Brett Hull.  Worse than Darius Kasparitis.  Worse than Jay McKee's staph infection.)

From six chances to wrap this up, its now down to three in just a few days. If Buffalo needed this kind of scenario to make the playoffs, they would have been eliminated with the first chance guaranteed!!! I will absolutely lose my if Buffalo beats Columbus tomorrow.

you are a last place team. one loss in your last three assures you of either possibly wayne gretzky or for sure messier or modano. you play your arse off to win the last 3. ...Only in Buffalo.

I've bolded "assures" to prove that you have little grasp of English.  Is English your second language?  If so, welcome to our country!  I hope we can help you to understand the facts from the opinions, so that you will not be taken advantage of.

I've bolded "assures" to prove that you have little grasp of English.  Is English your second language?  If so, welcome to our country!  I hope we can help you to understand the facts from the opinions, so that you will not be taken advantage of.

Assures is used correctly . A Buffalo win will certainly make certain,ensure that the club gets Eichel. Although those kooks at Oxford sometimes get it wrong. They need more Russians at them snobby institutions!

Assures was used in the right context, although the word guarantees would have been a better choice. Assure is to say with promise or confidence. Nothing wrong with how it was used. Didn't realize this was a grammar thread as well.

Guess you must have faith to believe in the words of charlatans.

You all are worshiping at the alter of Mel Kiper, assuring as you are, like prophets, you happen to be proselytizing to all who come within your influence.

"Possibly wayne gretzky or for sure messier or modano"

Assured.  Have the words "I hope that" been removed from the English Language?  No needs to sound like an expert.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.