OT - all things bae

inkman

I. Hate. This. Word. Ok, most hip buzz words. "on fleek" whatever the heck that means. but bae. At first I thought it was a Beyonce thing, queen bey or whatever (not a beyonce fan, either, yes I'm a millennial who dislikes Beyonce, statistically I don't exist). Nope, just... awful. 

I think there's more to it, guys.

BAE= Barack's Annexing Europe

BAE- Barack's All Ears

BAE= Barfing Automatically Everyday

BAE= Breeding Alpacas Eternally

BAE= Backing Aryan Extremists

BAE- Broken American Economy 

I. Hate. This. Word. Ok, most hip buzz words. "on fleek" whatever the heck that means. but bae. At first I thought it was a Beyonce thing, queen bey or whatever (not a beyonce fan, either, yes I'm a millennial who dislikes Beyonce, statistically I don't exist). Nope, just... awful. 

BAE- Barack's All Ears

Wait, is this a thing? I must say I haven't heard that one yet.

Wait, is this a thing? I must say I haven't heard that one yet.

I guess it means "perfect, on point" and I have no idea where it came from. I just know I cringe a little every time I see it used.

I also judge those who use bae un-ironically. Negative judging. Got my sassy judging pants on over here. 

BAE- Barack's All Ears

I think it's cute that you think actively disliking something that is popular makes you somehow "un-millennial"

Edited by Vodka Bottle of Emotion

I think it's cute that you think actively dislike something that is popular makes you somehow "un-millennial"

Well, . You got me.

But seriously, the Beyonce obsession is kind of scary. I've had people get actively angry with me for admitting I am not a fan. I mean, she's fine, I like some of her stuff, but I don't uphold her as the standard of all present and future female singers. 

If you need me, I'll be curled up in a corner at starbucks connected to my smartphone sending emojis to snapchatting tinder baes who are on fleek. 

Well, ######. You got me.

But seriously, the Beyonce obsession is kind of scary. I've had people get actively angry with me for admitting I am not a fan. I mean, she's fine, I like some of her stuff, but I don't uphold her as the standard of all present and future female singers. 

If you need me, I'll be curled up in a corner at starbucks connected to my smartphone sending emojis to snapchatting tinder baes who are on fleek. 

I pretty much agree with you on her, is this really a thing, where she is the gold standard (I have to admit, as an "older millennial" I may have missed the bae train. (errr... traen?)

I pretty much agree with you on her, is this really a thing, where she is the gold standard (I have to admit, as an "older millennial" I may have missed the bae train. (errr... traen?)

haha she was a child of destiny. 

Well, ######. You got me.

Your last sentence is almost a foreign language to me, and I like it that way, I think I'm happier  because of my ignorance. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.