Teppo Out 10-14 Days

PTS

He should at least be called up for depth. There is no reason to not carry a reserve for each position at this time of the year.

With Rochester being so close, I don't see a need to call him up. Plus I'm not sure who the first call-up would be...Paetsch, Janik or Jillson? Or...

I saw on last nights telecast that James Patrick is back in Buffalo. He'd probably be a better option than any of those 3.

Teppo Numminen will miss up to two weeks after the veteran Sabres defenseman sprained his knee in Buffalo's 4-3 win over Boston on Wednesday night. Coach Lindy Ruff said it's not clear when the injury occurred, noting Numminen continued playing after feeling a twinge in his knee when he fell. The defenseman played only a few minutes in the second period and did not return for the third.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nhl/SIG=...ov=ap&type=lgns

this MAY not be that bad for the long term. Teppo is 37, the 10 days "off" may be good rest for the playoffs. I know he is a veteran and it shouldn't effect him, he's been playing full seasons and playoffs for years but he may come back with some new life. I think we need him and I really don't like watching Rory turn the puck over and make bad decisions every night, but IF we are locked in to the #4, resting Teppo MAY, and I say MAY, not be a horrible thing.

I'm just trying to be optimistic.

but all things being equal I'd rather have him in there.

I thought I saw Numminen pull up as he was chasing a Boston icing in the first period. He just kind of stalled toward the Buffalo net and a Bruin raced past him. That, or maybe his defense partner was going for the puck, and Teppo stayed out front to play any pass from behind the net? All I know is that I called Numminen a very bad name.

Did someone up there utter the name "jillson"???

Please No!! If it came down to Jillson or Rory...I would have to take Rory even though i wouldn't want to.

But i agree w/ the optimistic person up there. Numminen has been playin hockey straight though the past what... 7 months or so? He has been one of our solid d-men(to most peoples surprize) so giving him a two week rest right be4 the play-offs might just be what the man need, and could be just what the Sabres will need come playoff time? Ugh! I just can't wait for Playoff hockey to make its return to Blo !!!

I believe I saw someplace that it is unlikely someone will be called up to replace teppo. I do think that we won't see teppo back until just before playoffs or when they start. Im sad I have to see Rory tonight.

I thought I saw Numminen pull up as he was chasing a Boston icing in the first period. He just kind of stalled toward the Buffalo net and a Bruin raced past him. That, or maybe his defense partner was going for the puck, and Teppo stayed out front to play any pass from behind the net? All I know is that I called Numminen a very bad name.

I thought you weren't watching the game! :D

Archived