Tyson Strachan

bob_sauve28

Wow! I know he is 30 years old but this guy is a keeper. He is playing at an almost Norris level of consideration, IMO. almost! But still a great pick up and a solid steadying force of the blue line. He's tough, smart and skilled, helps Myers a lot. Makes it so the two kids can play against the second enemy line instead of the top line, reduces the time Weber, Benoit and Ms Zero are on the ice and we don't give up many goals.

Isn't this something Nolan is good at? Finding players that didn't fit in elsewhere and making them steady NHLers?

I'm almost at the point of, who needs the tank? With the talent in the system now and the emergence of Mitchell, Flynn and Strachan and others this team seems poised for a real take off. Not saying they will keep up this level of play, but if they do they will make the playoffs.

Ms Zero

Isn't this something Nolan is good at? Finding players that didn't fit in elsewhere and making them steady NHLers?

Tell me you dubbed Andre "Ms Zero"

His emergence reminds me of the Bougie man's ascension under Nolan. No frills, career minor leaguer that does things the right way. ted has an affinity for these types.

Tell me you dubbed Andre "Ms Zero"

His emergence reminds me of the Bougie man's ascension under Nolan. No frills, career minor leaguer that does things the right way. ted has an affinity for these types.

Yes, Andre Ms Zero

That's a good comparison with Bogner, though this Strachan seems like a find sort of like Hasek, though of a few level below

Yes, Andre Ms Zero

That's a good comparison with Bogner, though this Strachan seems like a find sort of like Hasek, though of a few level below

I think you are judging him by a small sample size. He looks good but it's only been a few games and despite what a lot of people think, having 57 as a partner doesn't hurt.

I think you are judging him by a small sample size. He looks good but it's only been a few games and despite what a lot of people think, having 57 as a partner doesn't hurt.

Fair enough, there's still plenty of time for him to come down to earth. But it does seem that Myers has been helped by Starchan as much as the other way around

My money is on Pysyk ending up moved for veteran talent by next season's start.

If they trade him, it'd better be for someone good. He's our only chance to have a regular player from our 2010 draft class. On top of that, 2011 all comes down to Armia and the only guy left from 2009 is Foligno. Brutal drafting.

If they trade him, it'd better be for someone good. He's our only chance to have a regular player from our 2010 draft class. On top of that, 2011 all comes down to Armia and the only guy left from 2009 is Foligno. Brutal drafting.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NHL_Entry_Draft

Just curious about that draft and looked at it, don't really see too many names that jump out. And here I was under the impression these drafts were all getting deeper!

and despite what a lot of people think, having 57 as a partner doesn't hurt.

BUT: Myers doesn't look good with every partner. He's definitely a "chemistry" guy; he needs the right partner to be a top-4 defenseman. He was okay with Gorges and was settling in with him, but he seems a bit better with Strachan to me.

I think he is a great placeholder until pysyk is ready.

Pysyk was ready last year. For a good portion of his time with the big club, he was the best D-man we had. I've got nothing against letting him season a bit in the AHL, but if he had to come up now he'd be fine.

When the Sabres are ready to make a run you'll see them cut Benoit and Ms Zero loose and bring up the young Ds from Rochacha. D-wise, I think they've got what they need. A bit more offensive talent with good chemistry and away we go. (It will likely take some time to figure that O-line chemistry though.)

My money is on Pysyk ending up moved for veteran talent by next season's start.

Gawd I hope not. I have such a mancrush on him it would just break my heart.

Him and mccabe are interesting trade baits. Both have top 4 upside but pysyk is blocked by myers/risto and mccabe is blocked by gorges/zads.

And if we learned nothing else from 2006, it's that you need more than 7 D to complete a playoff run because injuries happen.

This is all irrelevant. If he's traded he's traded, regardless of what everybody else in our 2010 draft class did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.