Sabres now worth $99 million more than Pegula paid for them

PASabreFan

Good now he can sell it and we can get an owner we can trust like John Rigas or Tom Golisano.

Or, better yet, Gary Bettman.

Careful. John and Tom were hailed as heroes too, early on. I'd take OSP back any time. At least he knew he was ignorant about the sport.

Careful. John and Tom were hailed as heroes too, early on. I'd take OSP back any time. At least he knew he was ignorant about the sport.

Remember that time John and Tom built a 126million dollar hockey/entertainment/hotel facility right next to the arena which has directly resulted in major hockey events being moved, given or considered for Buffalo.

Remember that time John and Tom built a 126million dollar hockey/entertainment/hotel facility right next to the arena which has directly resulted in major hockey events being moved, given or considered for Buffalo.

I think we've been over this. I really don't care. The team is historically bad, the cost of attending a game has steadily risen each year, payroll was cut. Terry, who just bought himself another team, is the only one who seems to have escaped from his reign of error unscathed.

We have to give props to Sabres owner Tom Golisano and the organization for making some dramatic improvements to the building.

http://artvoice.com/...over_hsbc_arena

Golisano invested more than $10 million new hi-def center ice video board, ribbon boards that ring the arena's bowl, re-creating the Poor Man's Aud Club and improvements to the Sabres and visitors locker rooms. All of the improvements were privately funded by Golisano.

http://www.sportingn...ing-with-sabres

Yep, Tom was a bum. All he did was save the franchise, nearly win a Cup or two, then ensure it remained it Buffalo.

In the end, all owners who win are loved, then reviled when they lose. Pegula has managed to buy everyone's affection to reverse that trend. How long does the honeymoon last? Donuts go stale pretty quick, but starry-eyed Buffalonians appear to be dunkers.

Edited by PASabreFan

Never said tom was a bum. I liked Golisano. The cost has gone up and the team does suck. Never argued that. I am not even going to argue with you because it would be a waste of both our times. You don't care about certain things but I do, sums up the entire thing.

Edited by LGR4GM

Never said tom was a bum. I liked Golisano. The cost has gone up and the team does suck. Never argued that. I am not even going to argue with you because it would be a waste of both our times. You don't care about certain things but I do, sums up the entire thing.

OK, what if the Rigases hadn't been crooked and the Adelphia Tower and all those jobs had come to Buffalo? Should that have shielded Rigas if the Sabres were one of the worst teams in the history of the league?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.