McCabe and Pysyk sent to Rochester

Hoss

I'm lukewarm on Pysyk myself. I can see him becoming a good player but I can also see him fading away. I think I've said this already, but I think in order for him to excel, he needs to be a very high-hockey-IQ player, especially in the D zone. I haven't seen evidence of exceptional hockey IQ yet (or, to be fair, evidence of its absence).

Sounds like he won't be in ROC long

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 4h4 hours ago

Nolan on Pysyk: We've never questioned his ability to play, just have to give him some games & hopefully we get him back up here. #FLAvsBUF

The Amerks have 4 games in the next 8 days. Hopefully he rejoins the Sabres after they come back from the west coast.

Edited by LabattBlue

I'm lukewarm on Pysyk myself. I can see him becoming a good player but I can also see him fading away. I think I've said this already, but I think in order for him to excel, he needs to be a very high-hockey-IQ player, especially in the D zone. I haven't seen evidence of exceptional hockey IQ yet (or, to be fair, evidence of its absence).

You know I am a big fan and think he will be a mainstay when the team is ready. As far as hockey IQ, that will only manifest itself when he is playing with guys that have a clue. They don't have to all be hockey 'geniuses" but they have to know how to create space, put themselves in position to accept passes and accept those passes when they hit their stick.

You know I am a big fan and think he will be a mainstay when the team is ready. As far as hockey IQ, that will only manifest itself when he is playing with guys that have a clue. They don't have to all be hockey 'geniuses" but they have to know how to create space, put themselves in position to accept passes and accept those passes when they hit their stick.

I really like Pysyk. He makes a lot of tough plays look easy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.