What, no pillaging? 10/14/14

shrader

I don't know if or where I'll be tailgating/pillaging, but I'm sitting in section 100. If you get there early enough, I can take you on a tour of the 2006 battlefields. Maybe we can discover some old shards of smashed pint glasses.

I would pay good money for one of those tumblers. Just to hear the sound breaking in the concourse while women and the young run for their dear lives. The entire city of Raleigh yelping a collective "well, I never!"

I would pay good money for one of those tumblers. Just to hear the sound breaking in the concourse while women and the young run for their dear lives. The entire city of Raleigh yelping a collective "well, I never!"

I can picture the slow motion video of a glass flying through the air that they use for the memorial video. I'm sure it is rigged up as a Molotov.

I am debating going and rooting for the VCanes since they are on the battle for last with us right now and injuries and terrible team in the making

Do what you know is best. This is the time to lay down our arms and rest for a brighter future, a future where we can pillage, rape and eat the flesh of babies with the type of savagery never before seen in these lands.

Do what you know is best. This is the time to lay down our arms and rest for a brighter future, a future where we can pillage, rape and eat the flesh of babies with the type of savagery never before seen in these lands.

Just the flesh? The eyeballs are good as an antipasto.

Just the flesh? The eyeballs are good as an antipasto.

They're a little too salty for my taste.

But anyway, what should I be looking out for at this game? Is there anything worthwhile going on in the hour or so before the game starts? I imagine that the crowd winds up being a bit lighter since it is a Tuesday night game.

Edited by shrader

They're a little too salty for my taste.

But anyway, what should I be looking out for at this game? Is there anything worthwhile going on in the hour or so before the game starts? I imagine that the crowd winds up being a bit lighter since it is a Tuesday night game.

As long as it's not raining there will be plenty of tailgating. There is a line of trees on the east side of Carter Finley stadium, at the end of that line of trees closest to PNC arena there is typically a pretty good sized Sabres fan tailgate going on. This is where I ran into Drunkard a few years ago. I'm not sure if I'll be getting there early enough to tailgate myself, but if I do this is where I'll park. You want to come in on the Trinity road entrance to access this parking area,

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

As long as it's not raining there will be plenty of tailgating. There is a line of trees on the east side of Carter Finley stadium, at the end of that line of trees closest to PNC arena there is typically a pretty good sized Sabres fan tailgate going on. This is where I ran into Drunkard a few years ago. I'm not sure if I'll be getting there early enough to tailgate myself, but if I do this is where I'll park. You want to come in on the Trinity road entrance to access this parking area,

Is that all parking right around that line of trees?

Is tailgating really a thing for hockey games?

Is that all parking right around that line of trees?

Yes, that is all parking on both sides of that line of trees. I typically park in that first row right under the trees.

Is tailgating really a thing for hockey games?

In Raleigh it is, and it's not just Sabres fans when Buffalo comes to town, Canes fans have been tailgating before games since they moved the team here. Obviously it's more of a thing for weekend games, but there will most definitely be a lot of tailgaters in the lots before the game tomorrow. Unlike most NHL arenas PNC isn't in an urban area so if you get there early tailgating is pretty much the only thing to do. This set up contributed heavily to the pillaging reputation we got labeled with in 2006. Game 1 of the ECF was on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and most fans were tailgating for 2-3 hours before going into the arena. Therefore you had a crowd that was way more liquored up than you typically see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.