GDT: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30pm

WildCard

and that lack of response is why Shaw felt comfortable standing in the crease the whole game. and why Chicago forwards had no fear of skating the puck through the slot the whole game.

we're still soft in the back end

The lack of response late in the third helped Shaw feel comfortable in the first period, too?

smh

"Not responding" would be just skating away, no? He literally took a penalty by punching the guy in the head. Where is the line of 'acceptable response' for you? Does there have to be blood on the ice? Can you cite any example on any good team in the last ten years where a response of that level was regular for incidents like that?

Which mens league do you dominate?

None anymore. I'm old and broken. Paid the price for living the dream when I was young.

What happened on that play is another example of how players on this team responded after Miller got run years ago. There's no consequences for pushing the boundaries with this team. Spearing is an intent to injure penalty. Shaw got away with it. If you were paying attention, he was laughing on the bench about it afterwards.

As an extreme example for you...how many players do you believe would have had the stones to spear a guy like Pronger or Chara like that? Few to none, because there would be consequences. Myers has unbelievable physical gifts, but the willpower isn't where it needs to be for him to use those gifts to become a dominant force as a player. Till he does, his potential will not be realized. There is rarely 'snarl' in his game.

If he ever does 'awaken', it will change the makeup of the entire team. Guys will be a half a step faster, and feel 2 inches taller because they will know the Big Man is watching out for them. If it comes, those will be good times.

"Not responding" would be just skating away, no? He literally took a penalty by punching the guy in the head. Where is the line of 'acceptable response' for you? Does there have to be blood on the ice? Can you cite any example on any good team in the last ten years where a response of that level was regular for incidents like that?

Do a thought experiment for me:

Ask yourself what would happen if one of our crease-hounds would have decided to give one of the Blackhawk's better or star players 'the business' the way Shaw gave it to Myers.

Hint: 'Carbomb' Carcillo and Bickell would be involved

;-)

It was a really good right hook.

very true!

lol

None anymore. I'm old and broken. Paid the price for living the dream when I was young.

What happened on that play is another example of how players on this team responded after Miller got run years ago. There's no consequences for pushing the boundaries with this team. Spearing is an intent to injure penalty. Shaw got away with it. If you were paying attention, he was laughing on the bench about it afterwards.

As an extreme example for you...how many players do you believe would have had the stones to spear a guy like Pronger or Chara like that? Few to none, because there would be consequences. Myers has unbelievable physical gifts, but the willpower isn't where it needs to be for him to use those gifts to become a dominant force as a player. Till he does, his potential will not be realized. There is rarely 'snarl' in his game.

If he ever does 'awaken', it will change the makeup of the entire team. Guys will be a half a step faster, and feel 2 inches taller because they will know the Big Man is watching out for them. If it comes, those will be good times.

I have to agree. We are not talented enough to beat the top teams. you counter that by making every player on those teams worried about playing another game in professional hockey if they so much as look at you sideways. Nolan is the problem, but i will simply enjoy the the road to mceichle.

What happened: Myers gets a sack tap. Myers punches the ###### out of Shaw. Shaw is down for a bit because he got the ###### punched out of him. Myers goes to the box.

What game over wanted: Shaw sack taps Myers. Myers slits Shaw's throat, uses his blood as lube to destroy his ass and then makes a blood angel on the ice. Then McCormick visits Shaw in the hospital and cuts off his oxygen.

Edited by Tankalicious

Do a thought experiment for me:

Ask yourself what would happen if one of our crease-hounds would have decided to give one of the Blackhawk's better or star players 'the business' the way Shaw gave it to Myers.

Hint: 'Carbomb' Carcillo and Bickell would be involved

;-)

very true!

lol

There have been several examples of spearing in the last few months of hockey, and from what I recall, Myers' response was more than any given by those teams, one of them being Detroit, in a playoff series...

What happened: Myers gets a sack tap. Myers punches the ###### out of Shaw. Shaw is down for a bit because he got the ###### punched out of him. Myers goes to the box.

What game over wanted: Shaw sack taps Myers. Myers slits Shaw's throat, uses his blood as lube to destroy his ass and then makes a blood angel on the ice. Then McCormick visits Shaw in the hospital and cuts off his oxygen.

Sounds about right.

47 shots faced .... says enough, didn't get to see it though any bright spots on the team ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PxPa2GiB-4

Correct reaction by myers, only thing better is if he could have dragged him into fight.

And if i was shaw i would laugh to on the bench for getting away without a penalty.

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.