Likin' Chris Stewart

Cage

Stewart has always been one of those "if he's focused and motivated" guys.

Kicked to the curb by the Blues, coached by Ted Nolan and heading into his UFA summer — that looks like motivation.

I'd be hesitant to re-sign him given his history, but damn he's been fun to watch so far.

Edited by dudacek

I've always liked him, but there are some parts of his game that disappear if he's not motivated. That being said, he'll lead the team in goals this season, until/if he's traded. I've been a fan for a while. He is very physical on the puck and uses his size well to get in position.

I think we are going to have 4 1st rounders after the deadline. Rather have 3 and a constantly motivated Stewart but the track record would scare me. We will sign one of Stafford/Stewart though. That is if they don't intend to test the FA waters.

Could you imagine the fun GMTM could have with 5 firsts in his pocket!!

Edited by sicknfla

The dude bought a house and moved his family here. PHam says one of his kids was born here. There is more to motivating a player than just coaching. I bet he's sick of moving around. His game during the preseason was...excellent, for preseason. I agree with someone above saying he's probably a "change of scenery" guy; where they're moved to a team and break out with an admirable career. We've seen it happen on other teams, perhaps it happens for the Sabres this time around with this guy.

Edited by sizzlemeister

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.