Prospect Game at First Niagara

Hoss

Just got home from the game. As expected some super skilled players, and almost all with great skating ability. Game got a little "all star" like in the 3rd, but I'd rather see the skill level come out in the players versus a tight checking game.

Eichel is every bit as good as advertised. I wish he was playing in a college game in WNY or even Central New York this season, but unfortunately, nothing close.

PS Shame on the STH who couldn't be bothered to show up for the game that was included with their package. It was probably some of the most exciting hockey you will see at the FNC this year. They announced 7k, but I would have guessed closer to 5k. So much for Hockey Heaven.

Just got home from the game. As expected some super skilled players, and almost all with great skating ability. Game got a little "all star" like in the 3rd, but I'd rather see the skill level come out in the players versus a tight checking game.

Eichel is every bit as good as advertised. I wish he was playing in a college game in WNY or even Central New York this season, but unfortunately, nothing close.

PS Shame on the STH who couldn't be bothered to show up for the game that was included with their package. It was probably some of the most exciting hockey you will see at the FNC this year. They announced 7k, but I would have guessed closer to 5k. So much for Hockey Heaven.

Don't slam me bro. I had full intention of going and was in fact looking very forward to it also expecting it just might be the most exciting hockey I would get to see this year. Main point was to see Eichel. Bonus point was thinking two or three or more of these guys are likely Sabres soon.

I truly was looking forward to this but started feeling like crap all afternoon and decided I'm passing.

I don't regret it but I don't need it rubbed in my face! Wait this should probably go in complaint Thursdays lol.

But thanks. I feel even worse now!

I saw parts of it on the NHL Network. Nothing but great press for Buffalo. Interviews with the players, interview with Biron and Kevyn Adams. Really pushed the concept of what the Harbor Center is all about. Plus some great shots around town - red, white & blue lit Peace Bridge, Shea's Buffalo, etc. For the first time in years I'm kinda proud to tell people I'm from Buffalo. It seems like the city is finally, for the first time in my adult life, on the upswing.

You could always make the trip out to the Albany area when he's playing at RPI. Not ideal obviously, but it's really the only option. That one might be during the world juniors though, completely ruining my suggestion. Notre Dame has the TV deal with NBC sports, so there's potentially that option to see him on TV two times this year.

You could always make the trip out to the Albany area when he's playing at RPI. Not ideal obviously, but it's really the only option. That one might be during the world juniors though, completely ruining my suggestion. Notre Dame has the TV deal with NBC sports, so there's potentially that option to see him on TV two times this year.

Thanks. Somehow I overlooked the RPI game on 12/13. First game of the World Juniors is not until 12/26.

[edited]Damn...Just realized I am flying back from Florida on 12/13 in the PM.

Edited by LabattBlue

Thanks. Somehow I overlooked the RPI game on 12/13. First game of the World Juniors is not until 12/26.

[edited]Damn...Just realized I am flying back from Florida on 12/13 in the PM.

I'm starting to realize that I may have left Boston at the wrong time when it comes to college hockey. The two Boston schools have five potential first round picks in this upcoming draft divided between them. They've always pulled in a ton of high level recruits, especially BC, but I can't remember a year with this many. For people who are considering trips to see some of these players, they might want to find a weekend where both are in town and head out that way. Greenway and White aren't showing up until next year though, so you wouldn't be able to see them out there at the same time as Eichel and possibly Hanifin.

:rolleyes:

Good for you that you live close enough and had little enough going on that you could attend.

Caught most of it on the tube. Not happy the game was on a weeknight.

I had tickets and hoped to go, but i didnt get out of work until 6pm and at that point i figured i'd be better to just grab dinner and watch it on TV instead of driving from Rochester. But, the announced 7k is a record for the USA Prospects game so i guess even though i wish the number was higher, it is still a good showing. All in all, it's a pre-season exhibition game. I think the Connor McDavid regular season game will generate more buzz since it's an actual game. I also believe if this game was played mid season, like the CHL Prospects game, i think it'd fill up some more too.

Got my tix for Wisconsin yesterday. Fwiw BC and Noah Hanifin are in Rochester early in the season.

Hanifin looked great. One guy who also could be a top target by the Sabres on BC is Colin White.

One player to really impress me last night was Alec Baer. Very good with the puck. Gonna keep an eye on him this season as he plays in the WHL, i think he can really shoot up the rankings. He was #8 on Team Grier.

:rolleyes:

Good for you that you live close enough and had little enough going on that you could attend.

Caught most of it on the tube. Not happy the game was on a weeknight.

Didn't mean to insult those who couldn't make it. Just pissed that the organization makes the effort to bring these events to Buffalo, give the tix to STH for free, and then IMO get a disappointing turnout.

Didn't mean to insult those who couldn't make it. Just pissed that the organization makes the effort to bring these events to Buffalo, give the tix to STH for free, and then IMO get a disappointing turnout.

Relax. I would've laid decent money for tickets if I was in Buffalo. A lot of people were likely busy and not everybody cares so much about these events. 7k sounds like a solid turnout. Not great, but solid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.