26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Full group of 19 skaters on the ice now along with Hackett & Lieuwen. - KS

Paul Hamilton@pham1717

No Neuvirth at the skate.

@pham1717

I mean on the ice, likely here getting treatment

@BuffaloSabres

Torrey Mitchell appears to be a full go right now which would mean one healthy scratch up front. - KS

@BuffaloSabres

Lines at skate: 21/63/88; 19/65/82; 17/23/27; 44/37/32. The D pairs: 10/55; 4/6; 5/20.

@BuffaloSabres

Michal Neuvirth is in full gear watching from the bench right now. Has not skated today at all. - KS

@BuffaloSabres

Based on line work, Konopka looks to be the lone healthy scratch tonight. - KS

@SamKorotkin

Looks like @BuffaloSabres goalie @mneuvirth30 got himself some new pads #saygoodbyetored

BjBvsG8IUAAtySF.jpg

@BuffaloSabres

Neuvirth joins the group as skate ends. Wearing new white Vaughn pads with yellow & blue accents. - KS

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17/23/27; 44/37/32

I'm okay with this arrangement. I think Deslauriers is better on a line with Ellis and Scott than with Lame-o. On the other line, I think Mitchell and D'Ags can cover for Lame-o adequately.

I like the earlier prediction that Deslauriers scores a goal tonight; Ellis will create the opportunity out of the corner with his hustle while Scott plugs the crease and screens the goalie, leaving Nic as the trigger man. You never know; it could work.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

If the salary cap goes up and the Sabres have to hit the cap floor, no ceiling, that means they will have to spend about $15 million beyond what they have on the roster. take away any dead contracts, I can see Murray signing several mid level free agents that fill particular rolls on the team. I don't see any snipers in this group but they need a veteran presence in the locker room and we know several Vets will be released in the off season. I am taking a wait and see approach. I can not go through another dead season. I am not a Cubs fan. I don't want to be eliminated from the playoffs before the season begins.

If the salary cap goes up and the Sabres have to hit the cap floor, no ceiling, that means they will have to spend about $15 million beyond what they have on the roster. take away any dead contracts, I can see Murray signing several mid level free agents that fill particular rolls on the team. I don't see any snipers in this group but they need a veteran presence in the locker room and we know several Vets will be released in the off season. I am taking a wait and see approach. I can not go through another dead season. I am not a Cubs fan. I don't want to be eliminated from the playoffs before the season begins.

Can you envision TM being able to do anything close to enough between now and the start of next season that would give this team even a 1 in 4 shot at making the playoffs next year, let alone compete for a Stanley Cup? I can't. As far as I'm concerned the Sabres are already eliminated from the playoffs next year as we speak.

We've traveled far down the tank road. Could TM reverse course now, blow up our tank arsenal and try another approach? Absolutely, but it would take well beyond a single offseason of moves to implement a new way forward.

Can you envision TM being able to do anything close to enough between now and the start of next season that would give this team even a 1 in 4 shot at making the playoffs next year, let alone compete for a Stanley Cup? I can't. As far as I'm concerned the Sabres are already eliminated from the playoffs next year as we speak.

What, you don't think all the prime UFAs (of which there are few) aren't going to be clamoring to come here? Have they seen the new green-space under the Skyway?

03/18 – THE MORNING SKATE: LIEUWEN TO GET FIRST NHL START IN CALGARY (Kevin Snow – Sabres.com)

TONIGHT’S PROJECTED LINES

Cory Conacher – Tyler Ennis – Drew Stafford

Marcus Foligno – Brian Flynn – Cody Hodgson

Torrey Mitchell – Ville Leino – Matt D’Agostini

Nicolas Deslauriers – Matt Ellis – John Scott

DEFENSE PAIRS

Christian Ehrhoff – Rasmus Ristolainen

Jamie McBain – Mike Weber

Chad Ruhwedel – Henrik Tallinder

GOALIES

Nathan Lieuwen

Matt Hackett

Zenon Konopka (healthy scratch)

03/18 – THE MORNING SKATE: LIEUWEN TO GET FIRST NHL START IN CALGARY (Kevin Snow – Sabres.com)

TONIGHT’S PROJECTED LINES

Cory Conacher – Tyler Ennis – Drew Stafford

Marcus Foligno – Brian Flynn – Cody Hodgson

Torrey Mitchell – Ville Leino – Matt D’Agostini

Nicolas Deslauriers – Matt Ellis – John Scott

DEFENSE PAIRS

Christian Ehrhoff – Rasmus Ristolainen

Jamie McBain – Mike Weber

Chad Ruhwedel – Henrik Tallinder

GOALIES

Nathan Lieuwen

Matt Hackett

Zenon Konopka (healthy scratch)

You know you need to draft centers when your team consists of Ennis, Flynn, Leino and Ellis as your 4 centers. CoHo on the wing hopefully gets his lazy ass going.

A regulation loss in each of the next two games would basically end my rooting against the Sabres. I'd feel completely secure.

You know, that's a benefit of this season being *so* bad I hadn't really thought of. At least for these last few weeks we can unabashedly root for the team, and maybe even genuinely feel bad when they lose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.