GDT SPOILER THREAD USA v. SLOVAKIA

Eleven

Watched the entire game then went back to bed (3rd day of no work because of ice and snow). I thought the US had great flow to their game. All 4 lines seemed to be pretty good. Worried about their weak PP. As for quick he played well but some of his rebounds have me worried. I think an infinitely more skilled Russian team may be able to capitalize on some of those but we shall see. The offside non call was not even close, just totally blown.

Really liked how well our offense played an I think are defense did well to keep players to the outside and to battle hard down low. We have a good shot against Russia but that is a whole different animal.

Am I the only ones not in love with the USA jersey? Yes, I'm a traditionalist and loved the ones they wore in Vancouver...simple & classic USA. But these don't blow me away at all.

Definitely not the only one. Fake laces?! But I do like the emblem.

Loved this play... and I dislike the uniforms.. especially the barely visible stars.

[McDonagh diving gif]

Yeah, that was good. Lay down to block, shooter tries to wait, one handed sweep check the puck off shooter's stick, shooter regains possession, instead of getting up, use the legs to spring off the boards for an even better one handed sweep check."

I don't like the unis either.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.