GDT: Buffalo at New Jersey 11-30-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

We aren't going to finish dead last in the NHL and we may not even finish in the bottom 5. What all the "worst team ever" people miss is that we have TWO good goaltenders, which means they're going to steal points for us all season long (like Enroth did tonight).

It's hard to be the worst team in the league when your goaltenders can stand on their head and steal games like that.

I like our goal-tending ...but maybe the poor start has something to do with the 18 lousy position players?

:D

Henrique going bitch mode with a head butt. Add him to my list of DB players.

You don't remember when he tried to fight Ennis last year after the game had ended? Henrique is a doosh.

We aren't going to finish dead last in the NHL and we may not even finish in the bottom 5. What all the "worst team ever" people miss is that we have TWO good goaltenders, which means they're going to steal points for us all season long (like Enroth did tonight).

It's hard to be the worst team in the league when your goaltenders can stand on their head and steal games like that.

If this team isn't finishing dead last, it's going to take many more miracles than just our goaltenders being good.

SABRES FALL TO DEVILS IN FINAL MINUTE OF OT

Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 1-0 overtime loss to the Devils: Sabres-Devils Recap (11/30/13)

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 1-0 overtime loss to the Devils: Ted Nolan Post-Game (11/30/13)

Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 1-0 overtime loss to the Devils: Jhonas Enroth Post-Game (11/30/13)

Matt Moulson speaks with the media following the Sabres 1-0 overtime loss to the Devils: Matt Moulson Post-Game (11/30/13)

Mark Pysyk speaks with the media following the Sabres 1-0 overtime loss to the Devils: Mark Pysyk Post-Game (11/30/13)

I'm too distraught over auburn winning to care too much about tonight, but still it wasn't the worst game ever by us... Too bad our offense is terribly anemic.... Maybe some iron in their pre game meals would help

That had to be one of the most amazing plays I have seen this season.

They are still losing but maybe its just me but I see progress...the next sentence is weired to say, but Stafford and Leino have played good lately.

There was a play by Stafford last night that caused me to pause and take notice. He had the puck off a quick transition and found himself in the NJ zone, in stead of just tossing the puck to the net or turning the puck over as he has done in the past, he maintained control and composure, gave himself room and made a smart pass which led to a better scoring chance than Stafford was not in position to take. It was a simple play but also a mature play. It was a play that in the past ended with Sabre fans throwing their arms in the arms wondering what Stafford was doing.

That play, the play against Subban where he used his body which led directly to a goal and others Stafford has made show that he is different player right now. I think most would agree that Stafford's problems have always been in his head. He has the size and the talent to be a much more effective player. We've seen flashes here and there. At 28 years old maybe it is finally clicking in for the kid. I don't know if it could ever really work for Stafford here in Buffalo, he may be a classic example of a player and a change of scenery doing wonders.

My aneurysm bursts? What's the correct grammar?

I think so. You already have it. Then it bursts, or bleeds, or whatever.

Doesn't the 'message sending' rule apply here?

I don't know. But there a lot of fans like me who hate that stuff. Can we not get to enjoy a goal being scored? Can we have 60 seconds in a game where there isn't that nonsense? Fans who like hockey for hockey have to sacrifice almost the entire rest of the night to the possibility of WWF breaking out. Seems like a fair trade.

you know, sometimes you make sense, but sometimes it's wtf are you on about. And this is one of those times.

I'll take it! :)

The NFL would never allow mayhem after a touchdown. They know that's their money shot. I hate when this crap happens after a goal. The announcers quit their goal call, the camera goes off the goal-scorer. It's assinine.

Would love to see an automatic one-game suspension for a player who takes a penalty after a goal is scored. The NHL absolutely cannot afford to have what little excitement occurs in its games get the life sucked out of it by douchebags like what's his face and Steve Ott. Seems like it's happening more this season.

Actually, I think there is an automatic suspension for a penalty taken after the game ends. In this case, though, I don't think any call was made.

Archived