GDT: Anaheim at Buffalo 11-02-13 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

Man that whole game was pathetic. I guess we should start a threat, who is your favorite alternative team. Not thinking the Sabres are worth discussing much, The backcheck in general was pathetic. I saw Hodgson do the same thing. Foligno had a particularly bad game, Its got to be frustrating.to even be on this team.

This was the first year in forever I didn't get CenterIce. Glad I didn't bother. I still listen to the games on SiriusXM, but have decided to follow my local team, the Preds, more closely this year. They beat the Kings in LA yesterday in a very entertaining game. The Preds, of course, finished below the Sabres in the standings last year. Instead of bitching that a total rebuild was necessary, David Poille went out and signed 6 veteran players via free agency + drafted Seth Jones. Completely new look to the team this year. Buffalo could have done something like that, which would have allowed the younger players time to develop instead of rushing a bunch of teenagers into lineup when they're not ready. But, instead we get this abortion of a team. ###### you, Darcy.

This was the first year in forever I didn't get CenterIce. Glad I didn't bother. I still listen to the games on SiriusXM, but have decided to follow my local team, the Preds, more closely this year. They beat the Kings in LA yesterday in a very entertaining game. The Preds, of course, finished below the Sabres in the standings last year. Instead of bitching that a total rebuild was necessary, David Poille went out and signed 6 veteran players via free agency + drafted Seth Jones. Completely new look to the team this year. Buffalo could have done something like that, which would have allowed the younger players time to develop instead of rushing a bunch of teenagers into lineup when they're not ready. But, instead we get this abortion of a team. ###### you, Darcy.

:clapping:

Good post.

Yeah, but didn't you hear Darcy's explanation? Sure, he and Terry could try and make the playoffs, but that's what sleazy owners with sucker fans do. Get it and take a shot, appease the masses. No, the Sabres are above that. They're about, ya know, excellence.

Yeah, but didn't you hear Darcy's explanation? Sure, he and Terry could try and make the playoffs, but that's what sleazy owners with sucker fans do. Get it and take a shot, appease the masses. No, the Sabres are above that. They're about, ya know, excellence.

Isn't that what they'd been doing though? Putting a terrible team together and then trying to squeeze into the playoffs so that they can say they're competitive? We spent about five years doing that nonsense.

I'll take the total collapse and rebuild.

Isn't that what they'd been doing though? Putting a terrible team together and then trying to squeeze into the playoffs so that they can say they're competitive? We spent about five years doing that nonsense.

I'll take the total collapse and rebuild.

There's a happy medium in between, wouldn't you say?

There's a happy medium in between, wouldn't you say?

If the status quo was drafting 12th overall and this season we're looking at drafting first or second, would the happy medium be drafting 6th overall? In that case, I'm not interested.

I'm ready to burn the whole forest down to let something new grow. I want the mother of all fire sales this year: Vanek, Ott, Miller, Moulson, Stafford. Throw in Ennis or Myers (or both) too just for good measure. I want a new team to start next season. We'll give it over to Girgensons and Pysyk and sign a couple old guys so that they have some veterans to lean on.

"No more half-measures, Walter."

Archived