Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

I only get mad when I see McKinnon play.

I can understand that. He would have been so awesome in Buffalo blue and gold. Hopefully, the hockey gods can finally give some pittance to Buffalo and get McDavid here. I would settle on Eichel, but the better talent please! One of the NHL.com mocks has Ehlers falling all the way to Detroit. That would irk me. It would be another really talented winger, to fall to them like Mantha (who I loved in his draft class).

April 4th Recap late 1st/2nd round prospects -

OHL

Eric Cornel C Peterborough 0G 0A in 3-0 loss to Oshawa

Petes trail series 1 game to 0

Michael Bunting LW Sault Ste. Marie 0G 0A in 4-0 loss to Erie

Greyhounds trail series 2 games to 0

Robert Fabbri C Guelph 1G 0A in 6-4 win over London

Storm lead series 1 game to 0

Brendan Lemieux LW Barrie 0G 0A in 1-0 loss to North Bay

Colts trail series 1 game to 0

WHL

Chase De Leo C Portland 1G 0A +1+/- in 8-2 victory over Victoria

Winterhawks lead series 1 game to 0

USHL

Joshua Jacobs D Indiana 0G 1A -1+/-

Nick Schmaltz C Green Bay 1G 0A

Green Bay defeats Indiana 4-2

SEL

Jakub Vrána RW Linköpings HC, 0G 0A in 4-1 loss to Skellefteå AIK

Linköpings HC trail series 3-0

April 5th Recap late 1st/2nd round prospects - J20 SuperElite

Oskar Lindblom RW Brynäs J20 LW 0G 0A +2+/-

Jonas Johansson Brynäs J20 G 22SOG 4GA

Brynäs J20 lose to Färjestads BK in semi- finals.

Brynäs move to 3rd/4th placing game

Edited by Crusader1969

I can understand that. He would have been so awesome in Buffalo blue and gold. Hopefully, the hockey gods can finally give some pittance to Buffalo and get McDavid here. I would settle on Eichel, but the better talent please! One of the NHL.com mocks has Ehlers falling all the way to Detroit. That would irk me. It would be another really talented winger, to fall to them like Mantha (who I loved in his draft class).

For some reason I see the league, and in particular Bettman, figuring out a way to get McDavid and Eichel to a big market American team. Buffalo being good serves no purpose for the league. Picture late June 2019 with the Sabres squaring off against Phoenix in the finals. I'm sure ratings would be off the charts!

For some reason I see the league, and in particular Bettman, figuring out a way to get McDavid and Eichel to a big market American team. Buffalo being good serves no purpose for the league. Picture late June 2019 with the Sabres squaring off against Phoenix in the finals. I'm sure ratings would be off the charts!

Not sure about big market, but McDavid is definitely landing south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Bettmen will protect his vision.

It will be tied to tv. Florida doesn't fill the building even when they are winning. The Canes same deal. The Canadian market poses a problem for some brands due to licensing issues. Having LA NY, Chi Bos, Ana Wash will help the league compete with the NBA and MLB come June. Fla Van in the finals might not even get an agit in Chicago.

To go along with the conspiracies I see no way in hell bettman even gives the isles a chance of winning the lottery in 2015 if they use their draft pick this year. With the isles moving to Brooklyn that year I doubt he'd allow them to be embarrassed by having us use their pick to select mcdavid/eichel. Wouldn't be surprised if he already assured them that wouldn't happen either

April 5th Recap late 1st/2nd round prospects

WHL

John Quenneville C Brandon 0G 0A -2+/- in 3-0 loss to Edmonton

Wheat Kings trail series 2-0

Chase De Leo C Portland 0G 2A +3+/- in 6-3 win over Victoria

Winterhawks lead series 2 games to 0

USHL

Joshua Jacobs D Indiana 0G 0A +2+/- in 5-2 win over Chicago

Nick Schmaltz C Green Bay 0G 1A +2+/- in 4-3 victory over Muskegon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.