Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Though I follow the Nerazzurri, Van Basten is indeed one of the greats. That stadium is something else. Toured the locker rooms and it's striking the level of contrast. Milan has the high end Ferrari-like seats you see on the pitch and LCDs over their lockers with their name, number and action shot. Inter has a single white bench in a small circular room with only two assigned seats, the keep on the end and the captain under the "14" plaque which is signifies their 14th Copa Italia. White collar vs. blue collar. So while I had no idea who's seat I was in for Inter's locker room (except to sit where Julio Cesar sat...sigh), for Milan I sat in the former locker of Kaka, Beckham, and my personal fav, Maldini.

How's everybody feel about Swansea? Michael Laudrup is the coach. They are the only Welsh team in the EPL.

I have no problem with Swansea, but I think everyone outside of Wales is pulling for Bradford City to win the Carling Cup (or whatever the kids are calling it these days).

How's everybody feel about Swansea? Michael Laudrup is the coach. They are the only Welsh team in the EPL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftu3OFoSAVs

Don't care much for Swansea, nor Wales, but Michael Laudrup is a true legend. Top 10 European midfielders all time for sure, perhaps even top 5?

Top 5 European midfielders of my time? My top 5 precludes attacking midfielders, since I am in a bulldoggish mood.

Matthaus

Rijkaard

Seedorf

Keane

Vierra

No Zidane?

Zidane didn't have enough defensive responsibility for my bulldoggish tastes. Him, Gullit, Laudrup, Cruyuff, Platini, maybe were the supreme creators in my estimation, rather than a balanced mix of creator/destroyer.

What? No Beckham?

:P

Zidane didn't have enough defensive responsibility for my bulldoggish tastes. Him, Gullit, Laudrup, Cruyuff, Platini, maybe were the supreme creators in my estimation, rather than a balanced mix of creator/destroyer.

I had to look up what precludes means, and the list makes more sense. Still, Vierra and Seedorf over guys like Dechamps and Souness? Or how about Neeskens who covered for Cruyff always?

Neeskens, I like, having never seen him, because he's Dutch. Whom do we take out? Vierra? Didier Deschamps, I'm not so sure about, but if he's as good as you say, then I think Seedorf was better than Keane.

I totally forgot about Beckham, who is clearly the greatest American midfielder of all time.

Neeskens, I like, having never seen him, because he's Dutch. Whom do we take out? Vierra? Didier Deschamps, I'm not so sure about, but if he's as good as you say, then I think Seedorf was better than Keane.

I totally forgot about Beckham, who is clearly the greatest American midfielder of all time.

If by American you mean to ever play in America, then you may be right ... :ph34r: .

All kidding aside, I think you have to ranke Keane above Seedorf, especially if you're ranking grater type midfielders. Of course, if you are just ranking midfielders outright none of them makes the top 5 in my book.

If by American you mean to ever play in America, then you may be right ... :ph34r: .

Pelé played midfield in America ... :ph34r: .

I used to wear Umbro shorts, so Pele is better than Beckham for the American Midfield.

All of these guys that wait for the ball, and occasionally steal the ball from the opponents holding midfielders are nothing but trequartistas. A real midfielder can defend an attacking player.

Props for 'trequartistas'.

I am quite fond of the defensive midfield position myself and hold it to be the most important position on the field, but I still say that the 10 position has produced better footballers over time.

I agree. The number 10 should be reserved for the most creative player. He'll be wasted without a good box to box midfielder, and good defense, though.

I haven't played for a while and am looking to buy a ball. I lost my Kendis. I'm just looking for a utility ball to juggle and practice dribbling with. Any suggestions?

I agree. The number 10 should be reserved for the most creative player. He'll be wasted without a good box to box midfielder, and good defense, though.

I haven't played for a while and am looking to buy a ball. I lost my Kendis. I'm just looking for a utility ball to juggle and practice dribbling with. Any suggestions?

Nobody (except Maradona) can do it on their own. Like the linemen in pretend football, the workhorses in the midfield gets overlooked but do the important work.

Anyhow, I am a traditionalist and prefer the classic hexagon design style balls, but the design is prone to poor handling if the ball is not of good quality. I have always been an Adidas man myself, I don't know what Kendis is though. Some of the kids I coach use Nike balls, and while I don't like to admit it, the balls are pretty good. Perhaps a Diadora ball would fit your Italian flair well? Most important thing is to spend a little bit of money though, and make sure the ball is inflated to the preassure you like so you can see that it holds shape well and the surface is totally even. I'd put down at least $30.