Draft day thread

spndnchz

Guess Ted Black hasn't made his request yet.

Kathryn Tappen@KathrynTappen

Today's #NHLDraft 5pm on #NHLNetwork. JUST IN: 2013 NHL Draft to be hosted by @NHLDevils in New Jersey and 2014 @NHLFlyers in Philadelphia

Actually a smart move. Push it on down the road for 4 or 5 years, they need time to construct the facility they envisioned next to FNC. It'll give them something to showcase, and let's hope another project or 2 get going down there as well.

Guess Ted Black hasn't made his request yet.

Kathryn Tappen@KathrynTappen

Today's #NHLDraft 5pm on #NHLNetwork. JUST IN: 2013 NHL Draft to be hosted by @NHLDevils in New Jersey and 2014 @NHLFlyers in Philadelphia

Does the NHL go out of its way to have things like the draft and all star games in the shittiest cities it can think of?

I think I'm going to be very disappointed today. The Sabres seem to be content to stay where they are in the draft. That will NOT get them Faksa - someone they could use badly. If they draft another Dman (other than Dumba) I'll be pissed (Murray will be gone). The last time they ticked me off was getting Kassian instead of Kulikov, but that turned out very well since we parlayed him into Hodgson.

I know that Devine is allergic to Russians, but Galchenyuk is an American. I'd give the Islanders the 12th pick, plus Adam or Roy to get their pick and take Galchenyuk. He can be a nr. 1 center.

Let's face it - we're not going to get a nr. 1 center in a trade. Staal shouldn't come here. He doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh but wants to play with his brother - which is understandable. So we have to groom our own. Galchenyuk or Faksa can be that guy.

Doubt this is a credible source and I apologize ahead of time if its not but...

NHL Blogger/Analyst@nhlfanchat

The Edmonton #Oilers are going to take (D) Ryan Murray with their #1 Pick at the #NHLDraft tonight. Do you think its smart move? @NHL#FF

I would trust it. Edmonton needs young D badly and Columbus wanted yakupov so they can justify getting rid of Nash before the season starts.

I would trust it. Edmonton needs young D badly and Columbus wanted yakupov so they can justify getting rid of Nash before the season starts.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Where would Yakupov fit in with Eberle, RNG, and Hall? They need a big time D Man, it makes total sense.

Archived