Draft day thread

spndnchz

I know I'm not a DR supporter, but surveying the landscape of other GM's makes me have some moments of "at least I'm not an __________ fan." As such, I found this to be hilarious: according to the Columbus Post-Dispatch, the Islanders reportedly offered the Blue Jackets their ENTIRE slate of 2012 draft picks to move up from #4 to #2. And Columbus...turned them down. I'm not sure which side is more hilarious/tragic.

...wow. :doh:

There had to be more to the deal then that, I don't think its possible that there could be 2 GMs in the league that bad (Snow for offering, and Howson for turning it down). I ccould see the deal being the Islanders trading for the #2 spot using all of their picks except for the #4 (so they pick #2 and #4). Either that or the Islanders were REALLY high (I was gonna continue that with "on Murray", but figured it was better to just stop there)

Just read the comments after the article, seems almost all the CBJ fans are glad he didn't make the deal because they feel Murray could possibly step in right away instead of having to develop Reinhart, and the rest of the picks are basically prospects who have little chance of making an impact in the NHL. If the fans think like their GM does, I can understand why no one is successful in getting Nash yet, they probably want only #1 picks because the rest are just guys that won't make the NHL

The Islanders are morons; however, CBJ are worse. How could they resist the opportunity? It was a defence heavy draft anyway...I (along with the rest of the world) don't understand how Howson still has a job! If he would not accept all those picks to drop down two spaces, imagine what he wants for Nash o-O

The Islanders are morons; however, CBJ are worse. How could they resist the opportunity? It was a defence heavy draft anyway...I (along with the rest of the world) don't understand how Howson still has a job! If he would not accept all those picks to drop down two spaces, imagine what he wants for Nash o-O

At least now we know there is at least one GM that overvalues his assets more than Darcy.

Just read the comments after the article, seems almost all the CBJ fans are glad he didn't make the deal because they feel Murray could possibly step in right away instead of having to develop Reinhart, and the rest of the picks are basically prospects who have little chance of making an impact in the NHL. If the fans think like their GM does, I can understand why no one is successful in getting Nash yet, they probably want only #1 picks because the rest are just guys that won't make the NHL

I think this one is my favorite: "If we had a scouting staff like the Red Wings who are very successful and knew what they were doing, Then it might've been worth taking the picks. But since we have the Keystone cops led by Bozo the clown, it was probably a good idea to turn down the trade."

Archived