GDT: Buffalo at Boston (3/8/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

I have to admit that I am not really privy to inside information on Chara's grapes, I am basically going by the assumption that all players in the NHL have the normal amount of testicles and that depending on circumstances, the receptacle that holds them can at times be quite flabby.

Queue jokes about Ruff/Stafford/Roy/any other Sabres player

Or Kessel.

Or Kessel

Lance Armstrong didn't think that was funny!

I have a strange feeling Boston gets it in gear tonight and spanks the Sabres fannies. Just seems that struggling teams always get better against Buffalo. And because I heard Boston players like to spank other men's fannies (see Marchand/Seguin photos). Also think it's gonna be a physical game, at least by Boston as I'm sure they will try and take advantage of the Gaustad, McCormick and Kassian-less Sabres. Not that they were ever scared of anyone on this team anyways.

Easy lenny. Usually the line is called whoever is centering it.

Just to give fair warning to all - I plan to liberally use the derisive 'RUFF'S "ADOPTED SON" ROY' or variants thereof during tonight's broadcast - particularly when Roy screws up (and Roy WILL screw up!) and especially if Roy draws another one of his imbecilic penalties (only Roy could manage to hook TWO players to the ice with one single foul like he did last night!) and Ruff doesn't bench the lamer.

Just to give fair warning to all - I plan to liberally use the derisive 'RUFF'S "ADOPTED SON" ROY' or variants thereof during tonight's broadcast - particularly when Roy screws up (and Roy WILL screw up!) and especially if Roy draws another one of his imbecilic penalties (only Roy could manage to hook TWO players to the ice with one single foul like he did last night!) and Ruff doesn't bench the lamer.

I was gonna say what are the odds that Roy takes a stupid penalty in the third period if the game is tight, 2-1, 3-5?

I was gonna say what are the odds that Roy takes a stupid penalty in the third period if the game is tight, 2-1, 3-5?

You know what though, its almost like the worse Roy plays the more the Sabres win. Is it just me or has he performed progressively worse each game during this little run that they are on?

Wasn't it Roy and Stafford combining to produce a daily double of stupid penalties to create a 5-on-3 in the 3rd period of a critical game last night?

You know what though, its almost like the worse Roy plays the more the Sabres win. Is it just me or has he performed progressively worse each game during this little run that they are on?

Good point! Maybe that's the method to Ruff's madness?

Wasn't it Roy and Stafford combining to produce a daily double of stupid penalties to create a 5-on-3 in the 3rd period of a critical game last night?

Yes, and Roy somehow managed to not only hook the Canes player down, but he also hooked Meyers down with the same hook!!! How is this possible??? Oye!

Yep - they were BOTH sitting in the booth at the same time. Most times it's like the Sabres win despite Roy and Stafford being on the roster, not because they're on the roster.

And remember when Roy was on the disabled list for months last year - the team went on a big-time game winning streak. Players might say he's not a problem in the locker room or on the team, but clearly the evidence is to the contrary.

That's a GREAT way to structure your team, Lindy.

BTW, Lindy - Roy now has exactly the same PIM as Thomas Vanek - why has Roy not been benched, like you did Vanek? Can you explain that you stone-faced twit????

So you're starting a crusade to let us know that Roy's play is sub-standard, something that 99% of Sabres fans already know.

Thanks!

So you're starting a crusade to let us know that Roy's play is sub-standard, something that 99% of Sabres fans already know.

Thanks!

No need to throw crap, he's a new member who obviously has some hockey sense as he feels the same about Roy as everyone else.

No need to throw crap, he's a new member who obviously has some hockey sense as he feels the same about Roy as everyone else.

He's got 759 posts... :unsure:

Edit: I can't read. The other guy has 189. Still... not SO new.

Thanks!

Starting a crusade? He's been on one for a while

And its just as much about how bad Roy is as how much he despises Ruffs every move as a coach..............

Thanks!

Starting a crusade? He's been on one for a while

And its just as much about how bad Roy is as how much he despises Ruffs every move as a coach..............

Well I guess in all fairness, he didn't sign on to this: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21057-agree-to-disagree-for-now/

He's got 759 posts... :unsure:

Edit: I can't read. The other guy has 189. Still... not SO new.

He's only been here since mid-Feb so that's what I based it on. New to me anyways. :)

The whole first line did untill last night, we need to start finishing, Buffalo seems to hit more pipes then whitney houston..................too soon?

Personally, besides a bad timed penalty I think Roy had one of his better games last night. If y'all wanna bitch about Roy and Ruff there's other threads besides the GDT for that.

Ok, just for you, since you seem like a very nice person and even-handed mod - I will try not to use the "R" word tonight - either of them. :) It might be the death of me, but I'll try. ;)

Ok, just for you, since you seem like a very nice person and even-handed mod - I will try not to use the "R" word tonight - either of them. :) It might be the death of me, but I'll try. ;)

That's not what I meant. During the game is fine to comment on the players/coach whatever is happening on the ice. Before the game in the game's GDT shouldn't be all bitch bitch bitch about everything that's happened the past 40 years.

If someone wants to comment / discuss Roy's play from last night, then use last night's GDT right?

i picture Lindy in his office with one of those old bingo games with the spinning wire cage ball. all his players numbers bouncing around inside.

then uses it to make his lineup combinations.

Puh-lease. He has a mini slot machine behind the bench that has players' number on the wheels. Every other change, pull the arm, call out the numbers.

Is it any coincidence that R&R stands for Rest and Relaxation, but could also be used for Ruff & Roy?

Puh-lease. He has a mini slot machine behind the bench that has players' number on the wheels. Every other change, pull the arm, call out the numbers.t

When is he gonna hit the jackpot? He's been getting shafted so far. :P

Archived