NHLPA Anonymous players poll released

spndnchz

Players vote anonymously on a variety of topics.

http://www.philly.co...l-released.html

Gerbe finished 5th for hardest shot to stop as voted by goalies. Tied with Malkin at 6%.

Changes from last year?

Buffalo ranked third on the list of teams players would least like to play for last year. Not listed this year.

Miller was the second hardest goalie to score on. Last year.

Datsyuk getting a lot of attention this year.

What's up with Gerbe being on there? Weird.

The rare times where he finds open space, his wrist shot has been lethal. It was clear as day when he was in college and could find that space more often. He almost always finds a way to hit that top corner. It would look like a harmless situation and then all of a sudden, boom, top corner. I've seen it a bunch of times already at the NHL level too, but the chances are far more rare. I'd swear that its the one case where his height actually does work to his advantage, with a better line of sight to his shooting options.

The rare times where he finds open space, his wrist shot has been lethal. It was clear as day when he was in college and could find that space more often. He almost always finds a way to hit that top corner. It would look like a harmless situation and then all of a sudden, boom, top corner. I've seen it a bunch of times already at the NHL level too, but the chances are far more rare. I'd swear that its the one case where his height actually does work to his advantage, with a better line of sight to his shooting options.

I understand that, but a 4.9% shooting average? Not exactly a great number. I think this is an exercise in low sample size, maybe the survey was taken right after he scored the SO winner a couple weeks ago.

I understand that, but a 4.9% shooting average? Not exactly a great number. I think this is an exercise in low sample size, maybe the survey was taken right after he scored the SO winner a couple weeks ago.

The problem is he's lucky to get into that open space about once every 20 games.

it was not a wrist shot, but gerbe scored on an absolute laser of a snap shot against the senators about a year ago this time -- the first home game after rico's death.

Gerbe finished 5th for hardest shot to stop as voted by goalies. Tied with Malkin at 6%.

looking at the poll itself -- and not for nothin' -- but gerbe placed in the category entitled which player is the most difficult to stop?

that's something different than the hardest shot.

Archived