Are improved facilities really a problem?

mudberry

I'm not sure why some writers are attributing the Sabre's lack of success with having better facilities. Do players really get lazy because their practice and game facilities are better than before? I'm sure there are reasons for subpar play-higher expectations, bad chemistry, injuries etc., but I don't think players who are mostly in their twenties and have been waiting all their lives to be in the NHL are suddenly complacent because they have state of the art places to work their craft. It seems like a convenient argument that doesn't hold a lot of water. I'd appreciate any comments.

I've seen it written at least three times recently. Couldn't direct you to any of the articles but I'm pretty sure some were not local and some were. But the vibe described in the articles was exactly as the OP said, lazy because they got all this cash spent on them...but one article also said that some of the problem could be the super mad cash spent on some of the newbies and jealousy playing a role, too.

I thought there were more articles relating to my post, but I could only find one: http://www.stltoday....1a4bcf6878.html. Sorry if this was misleading. Maybe Bucky or Jerry can prove me wrong

Thanks for the link.

I guess it's a subject worth speculating over, but this guy's article has an almost "jealousy" tone to it. It seemed more like a jab at the franchise than it did a sourced concern within the Organization.

When a team with this kind of payroll is producing so poorly, any reason that can be found is fair and just, so I guess this is as good as any of them.

These players have opened up the floodgates on themselves, and as much as I want Darcy gone and feel it may be time for Lindy to move on, those players have nobody but themselves to blame, and they know it.

I never thought about players being jealous of the new acquisitions, but you have to think do you want these type of players on your team?

????Jealous Players????

Roy

Gaustad

Stafford (maybe)

Maybe Leino is too cause he could have raped the organization more than he did.

I thought there were more articles relating to my post, but I could only find one: http://www.stltoday....1a4bcf6878.html. Sorry if this was misleading. Maybe Bucky or Jerry can prove me wrong

I didn't read anything in there about the facilities, but rather the huge contracts creating the country club atmosphere.

And I can't take any publication seriously if they are still using the slug for the Sabres logo.

I'm not sure why some writers are attributing the Sabre's lack of success with having better facilities. Do players really get lazy because their practice and game facilities are better than before? I'm sure there are reasons for subpar play-higher expectations, bad chemistry, injuries etc., but I don't think players who are mostly in their twenties and have been waiting all their lives to be in the NHL are suddenly complacent because they have state of the art places to work their craft. It seems like a convenient argument that doesn't hold a lot of water. I'd appreciate any comments.

Rocky Balboa thinks you have a point. So do Apollo Creed and Clubber Lang. In fact, the entire USSR was convinced that rough, basic training facilities are all that is required to beat the best.

I know if I was comfortable I wouldn't give a ###### about my performance. Why bust my hump when I got it all made? If I know the boss doesn't like hurting peoples feelings and we are all one big giant family and I knew my job wouldn't be on the line why worry? It's america, not to get all into politics and that nonsense but we are a LAZY society(hence jobs going overseas all the time) I think this means more than some may like it to...

I know if I was comfortable I wouldn't give a ###### about my performance. Why bust my hump when I got it all made? If I know the boss doesn't like hurting peoples feelings and we are all one big giant family and I knew my job wouldn't be on the line why worry? It's america, not to get all into politics and that nonsense but we are a LAZY society(hence jobs going overseas all the time) I think this means more than some may like it to...

Personal pride, maybe? The *cup*? Achieving something?

I don't think we're a lazy society. I think certain citizens in our country are lazy and expect hand-out after hand-out, but as a general rule, no--I don't think we are a lazy country.

I do think some Sabres play harder than others, and maybe "lazy" is appropriate for less than a handful, but other than that, no--I think a stronger effort and better work ethic will take this team far ... IF they ever get their collective @$$ in gear.

That's the first time I've heard that losing jobs to overseas markets is a result of us being a lazy society. Interesting take.

GO SABRES!!!

You may think this way but professional athletes don't - if they were wired like this they would never get to where they are.

There are exceptions, but they tend to be Russian.

That's the first time I've heard that losing jobs to overseas markets is a result of us being a lazy society. Interesting take.

GO SABRES!!!

Why is almost nothing made in America anymore? But people in say China will do it for less without complaint?

Personal pride, maybe? The *cup*? Achieving something?

I don't think we're a lazy society. I think certain citizens in our country are lazy and expect hand-out after hand-out, but as a general rule, no--I don't think we are a lazy country.

I do think some Sabres play harder than others, and maybe "lazy" is appropriate for less than a handful, but other than that, no--I think a stronger effort and better work ethic will take this team far ... IF they ever get their collective @$$ in gear.

I do agree that harder work will not make this team better however a guy like Ehrhoff has played nothing like he has in the past. Granted we have no Sedin like players on this squad. Maybe it's a combination of comfort and lack of talent?

Why is almost nothing made in America anymore? But people in say China will do it for less without complaint?

I do agree that harder work will not make this team better however a guy like Ehrhoff has played nothing like he has in the past. Granted we have no Sedin like players on this squad. Maybe it's a combination of comfort and lack of talent?

It's a LOFT problem, and the east doesn't play the same game as the west. And any GM worth his salt would have known this when they signed him FOReverer!

I think the chart answers the why.

I'm not sure how to quantify the relative levels of "complaint" but I read somewhere that Asian factory workers have the highest rate of suicide vs. workers in the rest of the world.

GO SABRES!!!

post-1438-0-23653800-1327533768_thumb.jpg

I think the chart answers the why.

I'm not sure how to quantify the relative levels of "complaint" but I read somewhere that Asian factory workers have the highest rate of suicide vs. workers in the rest of the world.

GO SABRES!!!

"I think I read somwhere?"

"I think I read somwhere?"

Admittedly a weak and unsupported reference but I'm too damn lazy to dig up the article at the moment. I assure you though, that I am not just making it up (also an admittedly weak and unsupported reference).

GO SABRES!!!

Archived