Kaleta fined

SabresBillsBraves

Shannahan has it in for our boy Kaleta. It would seem that its Shannahan that is attempting to neuter the Buffalo players and not Lindy as some on this site would have us believe. One has to wonder if we'll see the same for certain players on the Boston team that are known to play with aggression.

Shannahan has it in for our boy Kaleta. It would seem that its Shannahan that is attempting to neuter the Buffalo players and not Lindy as some on this site would have us believe. One has to wonder if we'll see the same for certain players on the Boston team that are known to play with aggression.

Yeah.

Boston getting disciplined?

Right.

I know I don't have a lot of facts to support my position, but I know in the last couple of years, Kaleta was quoted in regards to Lindy not wanting him taking himself out of the play to make a hit. How do you not take yourself out of a play(at least a little) every time you make a hit? Is this any worse than guys who are floating back instead of back checking Lindy? Aren't those guys also out of the play?

That seems to me like taking the physical element out of someones game. I want Kaleta to be a tazmanian devil. If not, I am not sure what his value is to the team.

I know I don't have a lot of facts to support my position, but I know in the last couple of years, Kaleta was quoted in regards to Lindy not wanting him taking himself out of the play to make a hit. How do you not take yourself out of a play(at least a little) every time you make a hit? Is this any worse than guys who are floating back instead of back checking Lindy? Aren't those guys also out of the play?

That seems to me like taking the physical element out of someones game. I want Kaleta to be a tazmanian devil. If not, I am not sure what his value is to the team.

He has value, he is strong down low and along the boards with puck control due to his strength. I've seen him, Goose and McCormick play a gritty game along the boards and in the corners/behind the net.

As for the loss of the physical aspect of the game, don't high stick a guy and this doesn't happen. How anyone can relate his physical play to a high stick is beyond me......

I'm not comparing the two things. Just responding to a prior post about Lindy not having anything to do with reduction in physical play by certain players.

Ah, ok then.

As for the physical play, I believe they are still physical, atleast Kaleta and McCormick. Goose dissappeared for a bit there.

I think everyone is reading to much into the physical aspect of the game. Teams aren't beating us with physical play for the most part (Boston game not withstanding). What I have seen beat us is just horrible defensive play as well as a whole lot of gaffes at the offensive zone blueline with pinching. Both of those are defensive play related.

But, getting back to Kaleta, I would actually like to see him on a line with Ennis and Adam. The reason being is his ability to maintain control of the puck down low and along the boards. He battles hard for those pucks.

As for the fine, I haven't seen the play, but if he did high stick someone and it was intentional or reckless, then the fine is warranted in my opinion........keep the stick low.

Its obvious that with the uncertainty of what Shannahan will or will not punish, players are afraid to play on instincts and are over thinking on every physical play rather than just doing what they've been taught to do for most of their playing lives. Every coach wants players to be more responsible defensively for the good of the team. Well almost every coach, Lindy being one of them. I know he's been quoted recently as saying he wants Kaleta to play smarter. Imo I just don't believe he's responsible for taking the grit or sandpaper out of Buffalo players as a whole. This season I'd put that on the N.H.L. and Shannahan for the reason I spoke of earlier in this post. For the most part Buffalo just doesn't have a lot of those type of player anyways. And that I put on Regier.

I think what they meant was that they don't want him going out of his way just to make a check, or to be out there skating around to make a hit for the sake of making a hit. They want him to be a more complete player who has the ability for a huge hit. Not a goon with his only purpose out there trying to hit everyone

In the same game Tim Thomas commits a very unsportsmanlike act, intentionally, and there is no penalty or fine. For those at work who can't watch the vid, he grabs Kaleta's stick, tries to break it over his knee, and then throws it. I don't really think there should have been a fine, but my point is there shouldn't have been one on Kaleta either. IMO Thomas's actions are more detrimental to the league than Kaleta's accidental high stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnW4G9aAw0s

In the same game Tim Thomas commits a very unsportsmanlike act, intentionally, and there is no penalty or fine. For those at work who can't watch the vid, he grabs Kaleta's stick, tries to break it over his knee, and then throws it. I don't really think there should have been a fine, but my point is there shouldn't have been one on Kaleta either. IMO Thomas's actions are more detrimental to the league than Kaleta's accidental high stick.

It's not the same game because Kaleta was fined for a high stick last Sat. against the Coyotes, not the previous Sat. against the Bruins. But the blatant favoritism of Boston is still sickening.

How dare you try and accuse a Bruins player from doing anything that may be considered Dirty or against the rules. That is Blasphemy, Apoligize to Saint Crosby and go say 100 Hail Gretzkys

I like how he tries to break it over his pad but can't bend it so he just throws it, all because kaletas stick gets caught between his legs. Imagine if Kaleta laid him out like Lucic did to Miller, and what Thomas reaction would be. Bruins fans were all crying for Miller to be suspended because he swung his very dangerous, large and heavy goalie stick around at Lucics knee. If that connected, it could have ended Lucics career, unlike that little love tap he gave to Miller.

I wish that I had a video, because it seems like I was the only who took note. He didn't just get his stick up; he more or less hit Morris on the top of the head. It wasn't done with a ton of force, but it was pretty clear that it wasn't just an accidental stick riding up.

I wish that I had a video, because it seems like I was the only who took note. He didn't just get his stick up; he more or less hit Morris on the top of the head. It wasn't done with a ton of force, but it was pretty clear that it wasn't just an accidental stick riding up.

I agree.

Ryan Clowe was fined today for a slash that was about the same severity as Kaleta's slash. Noone in the league office is picking on poor, poor innocent Patty.

I'm not so sure it wasn't accidental, the players collided and KALETA was spinning and his stick did hit the helmet, but i think it was more of KALETA being careless with his stick more so than doing it with intent, unlike the ROY slash that was mentioned earlier.

Archived