Bucky Gleason's Column on 11/17/11

Tyrannustyrannus

The media definitely will get the last word. Picking a fight...ink by the barrel...all that.

But it doesn't mean that the righter is write. (Wait, did I rite that wright?)

Miller has a sense of entitlement about him. This is the same player that said he deserved more calls from the refs because of his status in the league. That right there tells you something about where his mind is at.

Miller has a sense of entitlement about him. This is the same player that said he deserved for calls from the refs because of his status in the league. That right there tells you something about where his mind is at.

Hasek fired the Jack Adams winner. Patrick Roy is completely insane. Goalies are Goalies. You gotta be a little off to sign up for a job as a Rubber Bullet test dummy.

Hasek fired the Jack Adams winner. Patrick Roy is completely insane. Goalies are Goalies. You gotta be a little off to sign up for a job as a Rubber Bullet test dummy.

Miller is not on the level of of a Hasek or Roy. When you reach that certain level character flaws turn into quirks and fans are more willing to accept them. Miller has a long way to go before he reaches that level. he may not even do it in a Sabres uniform is Enroth keeps going.

Miller is not on the level of of a Hasek or Roy. When you reach that certain level character flaws turn into quirks and fans are more willing to accept them. Miller has a long way to go before he reaches that level. he may not even do it in a Sabres uniform is Enroth keeps going.

I think he just meant that they're all a little nuts. They are.

In Buffalo we eat our own. We want heroes so we can pick them apart. Look at the Pegula/Penn State column. It took less than a year for Bucky to start looking for flaws in Terry's armor. I predict there will be a "Pegula too nice to Sabres" column in a few weeks. It's inevitable. Bucky and Sully are scorpions. It's their nature to sting.

PTR

In Buffalo we eat our own. We want heroes so we can pick them apart. Look at the Pegula/Penn State column. It took less than a year for Bucky to start looking for flaws in Terry's armor. I predict there will be a "Pegula too nice to Sabres" column in a few weeks. It's inevitable. Bucky and Sully are scorpions. It's their nature to sting.

PTR

That's not a Buffalo thing, that's an everywhere thing. For many people, the best part about building statues is tearing them down.

PTR

Your post seems more like a Penn State protect your own at all cost way of thinking. If Bucky and Sully wanted they could just report more on how Pegula made his money if that was their intent.

PTR

I have had a pet Emperor Scorpion for 4 years now.

I play with him every day, and he has never stung me.

BS. Hasek ALWAYS caught the wrath of fans after Teddy left town.

BS. Hasek ALWAYS caught the wrath of fans after Teddy left town.

That was more about Nolan's popularity than anything to do with Hasek. People loved Nolan because he coached a product that fans could really connect with and get behind. This goes to the conversation in another thread about the difficulty fans have with connecting to the current squad.

Bucky has publicly trashed the Sabres for so long that it's likely nobody on the team wants to talk to him anymore. The first few sentences of his article sound to me like Bucky crying about it.

I understand he's trying to stir the pot, but Bucky can't help himself from taking it too far into the realm of unfounded speculation. He stinks.

Archived