Tropp recalled

ROCBuffalo

Just went on Buffalo Sabres webpage and tropp got recalled up from rochester because Cody won't be playing due to injury.

When we play Boston they should have him and weber on the ice to make more of a physical game.

Should have tried Kassian for a game. :wallbash:

Should have tried Kassian for a game. :wallbash:

Tropp is waaaaayyyyy more polished at this point. Bringing up Kass would be a disservice to his career and probably not help the team very much.

(my opinion is in no way affected by the fact that I am going to see the Amerks play tonight ;-))

Tropp is waaaaayyyyy more polished at this point. Bringing up Kass would be a disservice to his career and probably not help the team very much.

(my opinion is in no way affected by the fact that I am going to see the Amerks play tonight ;-))

Maybe they are saving him for the 23rd.

The student is now the master.

post-1934-095027800 1321457667_thumb.jpg

ink - you've seen kassian play this year. what do you say to mike harrington's repeated tweets to the effect that kassian is not playing a physical game in the A?

ink - you've seen kassian play this year. what do you say to mike harrington's repeated tweets to the effect that kassian is not playing a physical game in the A?

I am interested in your take on this as well, Ink. Just because the guy isn't getting in fights doesn't neccessarily mean that he's not physical. I think all the talk about him "chilling out" might be just him trying to get his game in order and not be as reckless, seeing how he had two very dangerous hits resulting in suspensions...

Right now I would liken Kassian's game to Vanek's. Not nearly the skill but playing that type of down low sniper/playmaker game. He's had a couple of fights and plays a little physical but no flying superman crosschecks to anyone's face.

Someone had to tell him to tone it down, that's my only conclusion. As long as he's saving it for the Lucic's and Coles of the NHL, I won't have a problem with it. Although, it could be a disturbing trend if it completely subsides.

Maybe they are saving him for the 23rd.

The student is now the master.

post-1934-095027800 1321457667_thumb.jpg

That was my thinking. However if Ruff was smart and planned on using him on the 23rd.. he should have brought him up now. We all know After the Gm meeting shanny will be watching this game as close as ever. If he sees that we brought up Kassian for this one game and he " couldnt stop, or get out of the way of Thomas" you know Shannys argument would be that we brought him up for that reason, which would look bad on the part of our entire organization. Now if you bring him up now and let him play till then.. Shanny has no argument for such a case. :thumbsup:

Kassian has been in a couple fights, but right now I like what he is doing. I believe he is leading the Amerks in scoring (havn't looked at the stats but he was on the radio with tools yesterday.)

I don't want them to bring him up just yet either. Let him develop. Plus I don't think he can fill in for anybody.

Right now I would liken Kassian's game to Vanek's. Not nearly the skill but playing that type of down low sniper/playmaker game. He's had a couple of fights and plays a little physical but no flying superman crosschecks to anyone's face.

Someone had to tell him to tone it down, that's my only conclusion. As long as he's saving it for the Lucic's and Coles of the NHL, I won't have a problem with it. Although, it could be a disturbing trend if it completely subsides.

interesting. and, yeah, i wasn't talking about fights -- i knew he'd had a few. i was talking more about his style of play; whether he was asserting himself as a physical force. i suspect that he's trying to build his pro game in a measured way -- develop those skills that can make him a top-6 guy, and then let the sandpaper and jam find its way into his game in a gradual way. i don't buy that lindy or darcy would be interested in eliminating the edge from his game.

Kassian has been in a couple fights, but right now I like what he is doing. I believe he is leading the Amerks in scoring (havn't looked at the stats but he was on the radio with tools yesterday.)

I don't want them to bring him up just yet either. Let him develop. Plus I don't think he can fill in for anybody.

Kassian is leading the team in goals and points with 7-6-13. His six assists are one off the team lead shared by McNabb and Stuart.

That was my thinking. However if Ruff was smart and planned on using him on the 23rd.. he should have brought him up now. We all know After the Gm meeting shanny will be watching this game as close as ever. If he sees that we brought up Kassian for this one game and he " couldnt stop, or get out of the way of Thomas" you know Shannys argument would be that we brought him up for that reason, which would look bad on the part of our entire organization. Now if you bring him up now and let him play till then.. Shanny has no argument for such a case. :thumbsup:

I could care less how the organization looks to others.

Hell, over half of the NHL fan base is drooling over this upcoming game and hoping Buffalo exacts revenge.

I am all for bringing in a goon squad, and for those that think or say that bringing Kassian up for that specific role may tarnish his game or set him back training wise, pure hogwash.

Let the kid off his leash, if he gets a suspension, 20 game or more, or whatever, well worth it, every bit of it.

Let loose the hounds Lindy...that's what I say.

Hell, over half of the NHL fan base is drooling over this upcoming game and hoping Buffalo exacts revenge.

I am all for bringing in a goon squad, and for those that think or say that bringing Kassian up for that specific role may tarnish his game or set him back training wise, pure hogwash.

Let the kid off his leash, if he gets a suspension, 20 game or more, or whatever, well worth it, every bit of it.

I think there is a split amongst fans on how they would feel about this. I am on the side that wouldn't get any thrills out of seeing us bring up some contrived goon squad that had nothing to do with the initial flashpoint (the game on Saturday). I also don't see how those guys would have the same "fire" to do anything to the Bruins over something that happened when they weren't even in the building. It would just be too synthetic for me to get any sort of closure out of that. I'd rather see one of our guys throw some huge checks on Lucic for three periods straight and try to goad him into a fight... then if he wants to fight ... we all jump him.

There are no "hounds" to loose. There is no Val James, Bob Halkydis, down there. There is no goon among the prospects. We're not stockpiling "muscle" in the A to deal with Boston's Bruce Shoebottom. I suppose we could bring up Kassian or Foligno or McNabb and feed him to Lucic but I don't think it'll end with what you envision. Personally, I'd prefer to see Kass get in a few more professional fights, learn how the men do it, and *then* show Lucic that it ends here. Just like May did to Corson halfway through his rookie year.

There are no "hounds" to loose. There is no Val James, Bob Halkydis, down there. There is no good among the prospects. We're not stockpiling "muscle" in the A to deal with Boston's Bruce Shoebottom. I suppose we could bring up Kassian or Foligno or McNabb and feed him to Lucic but I don't think it'll end with what you envision. Personally, I'd prefer to see Kass get in a few more professional fights, learn how the men do it, and *then* show Lucic that it ends here. Just like May did to Corson halfway through his rookie year.

I want Kassian to round out his game first before he comes up to the N and trys to murder people. Let him become a better skater and hockey player overall, and then let him insert his super-physical play back in. It could turn out better than our wildest dreams.

You two are both dead on with this.

But it's nice to dream.

You two are both dead on with this.

But it's nice to dream.

Believe me, thanks to Lucic I wish there was a young monster in the system that we could bring up for just this purpose. But that sort of role has become rather obsolete since the lockout and I don't think we'll ever see that kind of callup again.

It's probably for the best but a guy can still be nostalgic, right?

The Sabres don't have the type of player we are looking for at the AHL level. Riley Boychuk is the closest thing and I haven't seen him dress for a game.

If the Sabre want to get past this hurdle it will have to come from within and Goose, Kaleta, Weber, and Regehr will need to do the lion share of this. If Stafford, Adam, leopold, Ehrhoff, or someone along those lines wants to step up their physical game, make life rough for Lucic and drop the gloves (obviously I don't want to see leopold or Ehrhoff get their faces caved in by Milan) but they can go with other Bruins to get the message across. This next game is going to be a bench mark game.

The Sabres don't have the type of player we are looking for at the AHL level. Riley Boychuk is the closest thing and I haven't seen him dress for a game.

If the Sabre want to get past this hurdle it will have to come from within and Goose, Kaleta, Weber, and Regehr will need to do the lion share of this. If Stafford, Adam, leopold, Ehrhoff, or someone along those lines wants to step up their physical game, make life rough for Lucic and drop the gloves (obviously I don't want to see leopold or Ehrhoff get their faces caved in by Milan) but they can go with other Bruins to get the message across. This next game is going to be a bench mark game.

When it comes to dropping gloves in the NHL these days I still don't see why everything needs to be so controlled and synthetic. The worst was that one fight Regher was in where they circled eachother for thirty seconds screaming "put up yur dukes!" practically. If that's an NHL fight I'd rather not see it.

With that said, if Milan drops gloves against us... what's wrong with ganging up on him? Would the concern be a multiplayer penalty?

When it comes to dropping gloves in the NHL these days I still don't see why everything needs to be so controlled and synthetic. The worst was that one fight Regher was in where they circled eachother for thirty seconds screaming "put up yur dukes!" practically. If that's an NHL fight I'd rather not see it.

With that said, if Milan drops gloves against us... what's wrong with ganging up on him? Would the concern be a multiplayer penalty?

That will never happen now that Tallinder's gone.

if you're talking about the tussle with malone a few weeks ago, that wasn't really a fight, by any measure. iirc, the ref assessed roughing minors. regehr was at the end of a long shift and was completely gassed; he acquitted himself admirably for answering the bell when malone wanted to go as a result of regehr's utter demolition of lecavalier.

3rd man in is another major penalty plus usually a game misconduct (on ice official's discretion). I am sure any 3rd man in also risks supplemental discipline too.

I suppose the 3rd man could always profess that it was unintentional and they couldn't get out of the way in time.

3rd man in is another major penalty plus usually a game misconduct (on ice official's discretion). I am sure any 3rd man in also risks supplemental discipline too.

I suppose the 3rd man could always profess that it was unintentional and they couldn't get out of the way in time.

It will also get you banned from Sweden.

Archived