Canes Fans and their distorted view of reality

FolignosJock

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7151030/coming-grips-winter-classic

The first question answered a so called "CANIAC" actually compares Chicago to the RBC center, I have never been to the RBC (planning on making my first trip in two weeks) but I think it is absolutely crazy to compare the canes atmosphere to a game in Chicago.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7151030/coming-grips-winter-classic

The first question answered a so called "CANIAC" actually compares Chicago to the RBC center, I have never been to the RBC (planning on making my first trip in two weeks) but I think it is absolutely crazy to compare the canes atmosphere to a game in Chicago.

i don't know if the two are mutually exclusive. i remember watching those games in '06. that place was loud. maybe not chicago loud, but loud enough.

having said that, they're still delusional if for no other reason than they think the 'canes are still the great team they had in '06.

i don't know if the two are mutually exclusive. i remember watching those games in '06. that place was loud. maybe not chicago loud, but loud enough.

having said that, they're still delusional if for no other reason than they think the 'canes are still the great team they had in '06.

The RBC Center was loud in to '06 playoffs because it was half-full of the visiting team's fans.... :rolleyes:

I hate the Canes more than anyone, but their arena is loud come playoff time. Way louder than HSBC/FNC, of that there is no doubt, but I don't know about Chicago. However, and I've said this before, I think the biggest contribution to the loud decibel levels produced at RBC is the building acoustics. FNC is absolutely cavernous compared to that place. Plus they have that washed up wrestler woo-wooing on the scoreboard and the fat black guy blowing that annoying horn that never fail to whip those caniacs into a frenzy.

I hate the Canes more than anyone, but their arena is loud come playoff time. Way louder than HSBC/FNC, of that there is no doubt, but I don't know about Chicago. However, and I've said this before, I think the biggest contribution to the loud decibel levels produced at RBC is the building acoustics. FNC is absolutely cavernous compared to that place. Plus they have that washed up wrestler woo-wooing on the scoreboard and the fat black guy blowing that annoying horn that never fail to whip those caniacs into a frenzy.

Kind of ironic for Carolina, eh?

I went to a regular season Canes vs. Stars game last year at the RBC center while visiting my sister; (two teams I despise for obvious reasons) But Ruttu got a hat trick and it was an exciting 4-2 win for carolina. I was amazed at how low that place actually was. The arena was very nice too and its almost on its own seperate island away from NC state. plus I picked up tickets for 7 bucks each!!! I hate the Canes, but I have to give props to the experiece that I had there.

Nothing is better than coming back from the Sabres overtime win last year just to find that some jackass decided to break a bottle behind both of my aunts tires. That guy really showed us!

Canes fans are the worst losers, and living in Charlotte I get to see it first hand.

Nothing is better than coming back from the Sabres overtime win last year just to find that some jackass decided to break a bottle behind both of my aunts tires. That guy really showed us!

Canes fans are the worst losers, and living in Charlotte I get to see it first hand.

Im in that same boat.

This.....is BS .

Sorry guys, this is simply not true. While RBC might not be the absolute loudest game to game regular season, it is on another level in the playoffs. Perpetuating this myth makes us look silly and petty...

I have a hard time believing that there building in a playoff game is louder than ours.... unless it is simply the acoustics of the place. I havent been to a playoff there but every playoff game I go to in Buffalo I leave with my ears ringing

I have a hard time believing that there building in a playoff game is louder than ours.... unless it is simply the acoustics of the place. I havent been to a playoff there but every playoff game I go to in Buffalo I leave with my ears ringing

I've been to about 10 playoff games in RBC, none in Buffalo. I just don't have opportunity to go, so I can't speak to the noise levels at HSBC/FNC. But trust me, RBC playoff time is REALLY REALLY FREAKIN LOUD!!!!! There is no way that is manufactured noise, sorry, it just isn't true....

This.....is BS .

Sorry guys, this is simply not true. While RBC might not be the absolute loudest game to game regular season, it is on another level in the playoffs. Perpetuating this myth makes us look silly and petty...

I think you just described every building in the league. They all get louder come playoff time.

I've been to about 10 playoff games in RBC, none in Buffalo. I just don't have opportunity to go, so I can't speak to the noise levels at HSBC/FNC. But trust me, RBC playoff time is REALLY REALLY FREAKIN LOUD!!!!! There is no way that is manufactured noise, sorry, it just isn't true....

hmmm ill see how it is in the regular season in about two weeks... and hopefully i will be able to catch a playoff game this year as well, I guess I will hold judgement til then.

Archived