Have the Sabres pidgeon holed their roster?

inkman

You had to pick Neil to compare me to, didn't ya? Grrr I hate that guy.

And you're one step closer to your Vader-like conversion. I guess that means you wind up throwing Weave down a giant pit, but hey, he'll have a good run up until then.

All of the Star Wars comparisons put aside for a moment, the Sabres are not "pigeon holed" in any respects.

I look at it as the glass is half full, not half empty. They have put themselves in a position to have an extreme amount of assets that can be moved for other assets.

I am in no way advocating Stamkos is coming to Buffalo :rolleyes: , but at the end of the day, this roster has brought talent in on the defensive side in an effort to stregnthen that position as well as signed Leino who arguably can play center but most assuredly can play wing.

There is another move coming prior to the start of the season to be sure. What the return will be should be most interesting to say the least.

One thing is certain, Pegula's impact since purchasing the team is almost exclusively geared toward the chance to bring Lord Stanley's Cup to Buffalo. I for one, as a fan, am most interested to see how this up coming season plays out.

I am looking forward to Pegula and company building the second coming of a "French Connection" type line here in Buffalo, only with the secondary support to continue to ammulate the Detriot Red Wings plan of success.

Exciting times in Sabres land to be sure.

And you're one step closer to your Vader-like conversion. I guess that means you wind up throwing Weave down a giant pit, but hey, he'll have a good run up until then.

We always come in two's so my legacy will be carried on.

And I'll return in another form. They always return in another form you know.

I would much rather be lumped in with team stormcloud than with the tip toe through the tulips crowd for the obvious reason I have always preferred the team finding ways to improve when at all possible as opposed to 'status quo'. That being said I have been given my wish when Pegula took over and things are looking up. Regier has his mojo back and people are talking about our sabres in a good way again which hasn't happened in a long time. I haven't anticipated the beginning of a season this bad in years. Go Sabres!

Does that make PA Count Dooku?

Uh, guys, I really hate to break this to you, but I'm not the guy who's going to understand Star Wars metaphors. I actually have no effing idea what shrader is talking about up there. And DeLuca, although I'm inclined to disagree with you just based on history, I unfortunately have no idea what you're talking about, either.

And the sad thing is, I actually have viewed all six movies, and just don't remember that much about them. It's not that great a series, IMO. The first two were good.

Uh, guys, I really hate to break this to you, but I'm not the guy who's going to understand Star Wars metaphors. I actually have no effing idea what shrader is talking about up there. And DeLuca, although I'm inclined to disagree with you just based on history, I unfortunately have no idea what you're talking about, either.

And the sad thing is, I actually have viewed all six movies, and just don't remember that much about them. It's not that great a series, IMO. The first two were good.

MY. GOD.

Kill the nonbeliever!!!!!!!!

Quick summary: I'm saying that I could see you turning to the dark side. Honestly, I had to pick someone randomly, so I went with you.

Not to sidetrack or derail this thread but me thinks we have some Star Wars fans on this board. Getting this topic back on conversation looking at this roster on paper I see plenty of reason to get excited about the upcoming season. If nothing else for the new talent on the roster and the endless possibilities for the Sabres chances of winning, winning winning.

Count Dooku was Darth Vader's predecessor. He was the character played by Christopher Lee.

If I want cheese I'll try to stomach watching a star wars movie. It did appeal to me at the age of ten but moved way past that years ago. Looking back I can't believe how much I thought it was cutting edge. Now it just reminds me of Godzilla eats Tokyo in terms of effects and script. But then again I don't dress like spock and attend star trek conventions so maybe its just me.

If I want cheese I'll try to stomach watching a star wars movie. It did appeal to me at the age of ten but moved way past that years ago. Looking back I can't believe how much I thought it was cutting edge. Now it just reminds me of Godzilla eats Tokyo in terms of effects and script. But then again I don't dress like spock and attend star trek conventions so maybe its just me.

Raise your hand if you ever asked a girlfriend to paint herself green. :rolleyes:

I could see your reference flying over someone's head, but the turning to the dark side one was obscure? I'm shocked.

I don't know who threw whom into a giant pit in the Star Wars movies; that's the part that confused me.

With the apparent lack of players on Team StormCloud, I'm officially switching sides for the balance of the off season. If you thought that PA, GoDD and Delusional could bring it, you ain't seen nothing yet. For starters, making over the lockerroom in a building that is 10 years young is a collosal waste of money. That money could have been better spent on just about anything.

With the apparent lack of players on Team StormCloud, I'm officially switching sides for the balance of the off season. If you thought that PA, GoDD and Delusional could bring it, you ain't seen nothing yet. For starters, making over the lockerroom in a building that is 10 years young is a collosal waste of money. That money could have been better spent on just about anything.

Great :doh: Instead of Darth Vader we get Jar Jar Binks. :doh:

Did GoDD stir the pot? Absolutely. But the questions he raised about Kaleta's uncle getting the contract to build the rink were not from outer space, nor were the statements about Lindy being over-aggressive in the episode with Adam. Could a thorough review of the facts completely exonerate the Kaletas? Should GoDD have undertaken a review like that before he started slinging allegations around? Could people have been offended by GoDD's comparison of Lindy with a pedophile? Absolutely, on all counts. But the underlying positions weren't, IMHO, totally whacked-out conspiracy theories like some that have been thrown around here.

I would like an example or two of these "totally whacked-out conspiracy theories" if GoDD's aforementioned totally whacked-out conspiracy theories don't fall under that umbrella.

If you're after off-season entertainment, there's plenty of that on the internets - try FAILblog.org or something. I don't necessarily consider conversations with other people, either vocal or written, "entertainment," although the same conversations can be "entertaining."

If he would have relented on the Ruff/abuse meme and admitted he was intentionally trying to entertain himself and the board with it, I could have accepted that admission and perhaps chuckle at the near-brilliance of it.

not Jar Jar, how about Darth Maul? :death:

You, uhm, seem to be okay with his slam...? Being called Jar Jar is far worse than being called Cletus Spuckler or Mr. Slave, at least in my book.

You, uhm, seem to be okay with his slam...? Being called Jar Jar is far worse than being called Cletus Spuckler or Mr. Slave, at least in my book.

Consider the source.. :lol: Being call Jar Jar by Mrs Doubtfire is okay... No harm, no foul.. It's all good fun..

Consider the source.. :lol: Being call Jar Jar by Mrs Doubtfire is okay... No harm, no foul.. It's all good fun..

Mrs. Doubtfire? Other than being a character in a movie it really doesn't fit.

Anyway, I consider myself more of a Lando Calrissian type. Blurring the line between good and evil while enjoying a Colt45 :beer:

Archived