Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Not to interrupt the creepy vibe going on, but has anyone paid attention to Paul Byron? Byron is up with Calgary and is off to a good start. 4 games played, 2 goals and a +4.

Chris Butler has 3 points and is a minus three while logging almost 21 minutes a game.

Good to see them doing well.

Not to interrupt the creepy vibe going on, but has anyone paid attention to Paul Byron? Byron is up with Calgary and is off to a good start. 4 games played, 2 goals and a +4.

Chris Butler has 3 points and is a minus three while logging almost 21 minutes a game.

Good to see them doing well.

We will miss Butler, but you have to trade talent to get talent. That's the drum you've been beating for about forever, so I know you understand it.

I don't like your Wally Pipp thing one bit. I'd like Buffalo to win something, but I'd also like Buffalo to win something with players that have been here for a while and who have become part of the community. I don't ever want to get to the point where I'm just rooting for the laundry.

We will miss Butler, but you have to trade talent to get talent. That's the drum you've been beating for about forever, so I know you understand it.

I don't like your Wally Pipp thing one bit. I'd like Buffalo to win something, but I'd also like Buffalo to win something with players that have been here for a while and who have become part of the community. I don't ever want to get to the point where I'm just rooting for the laundry.

That is an interesting thought. That is pretty much where I am at with the team. The roster does not contain the qualities I grew up appreciating. I don't think Regier and Ruff are capable of producing a team that I can really connect with. I don't think I am the only one and I think the response to last Saturday is proof of that.

And yet, Miller catches endless flack.

That is an interesting thought. That is pretty much where I am at with the team. The roster does not contain the qualities I grew up appreciating. I don't think Regier and Ruff are capable of producing a team that I can really connect. I don't think I am the only one and I think the response to last Saturday is proof of that.

If that's the way you feel, I can understand that. I mean it. There are guys on this team that I root for, and I want them to win a Cup in Buffalo. Miller is part of that, but maybe it won't happen with him. Roy (did I really just type that) and Vanek are another two. And most of the "tough guys" aren't. Probably because there aren't any real "tough guys."

If that's the way you feel, I can understand that. I mean it. There are guys on this team that I root for, and I want them to win a Cup in Buffalo. Miller is part of that, but maybe it won't happen with him. Roy (did I really just type that) and Vanek are another two. And most of the "tough guys" aren't. Probably because there aren't any real "tough guys."

My biggest problem with the roster is that lack of toughness. You don't have to be a traditional "tough guy" to throw a check or block a shot. There is so much emphasis on Lindy's system that such basic qualities such as a willingness to sell out physically is devalued. Regier and Ruff seem to think if they one guy willing to do it they are covered.

I truly believe there is no excuse for any player not to have at least one hit or one blocked shot per game.

My biggest problem with the roster is that lack of toughness. You don't have to be a traditional "tough guy" to throw a check or block a shot. There is so much emphasis on Lindy's system that such basic qualities such as a willingness to sell out physically is devalued. Regier and Ruff seem to think if they one guy willing to do it they are covered.

I truly believe there is no excuse for any player not to have at least one hit or one blocked shot per game.

More than a couple goals a game would help too.

Archived