Miller = Luongo

Marvelo

I've always thought that choking when you are clearly the favorite and the berthed team, yet come up short and completely play out of character.

I'm sure some will argue that was the case in 06/07 although I don't. When else can someone point out that the Sanres disappointed because of Miller's play?

I was deeply disappointed in 06-07 during that game miller lost 1-0, I mean come on! You allowed a goal, what a choker, we should ditch miller the guy has never pulled his wait like this years playoffs where he only had 2 shutouts in 7 games... pathetic :death: :wallbash: <_<

I was deeply disappointed in 06-07 during that game miller lost 1-0 I mean come on! You allowed a goal, what a choker, we should ditch miller the guy has never pulled his wait like this years playoffs where he only had 2 shutouts in 7 games... pathetic :death: :wallbash: <_<

I know right, he has 0 goals and like 2 assists, what a bum : )

I was deeply disappointed in 06-07 during that game miller lost 1-0, I mean come on! You allowed a goal, what a choker, we should ditch miller the guy has never pulled his wait like this years playoffs where he only had 2 shutouts in 7 games... pathetic :death: :wallbash: <_<

So did Luongo in the finals. Yet all anyone wants to do is hammer on Luongo whereas Miller is "God like" to some. Really!

So did Luongo in the finals. Yet all anyone wants to do is hammer on Luongo whereas Miller is "God like" to some. Really!

wanna know the difference? Miller was not letting in soft goals or shorthanded goals or hitting crap into his own net. He was letting in rediculous 4 player deflections and point blank shots that hit corners... so yes there was a difference and besides it was round 1 not round 4 game 7. Miller was the only player in game 7 who had a pulse and he fought off a lot of chances but his team took 3 periods to wake up. Ryan Miller did not have half the defense that thomas or luongo had so yes Miller is awesome and I think will be really good next year because he is a competitor and also Miller was never like "i would have made this save or that save, I am Miller, I am awesome" Miller isnt a douche and luongo comes off as one so ppl will cut him more slack. Miller has a tendancy to play well but just not quite good enough to win in those all important games but Luongo just flames out in spectacular fashion. Miller is like the Titanic (it sinks serenely) Luongo is like the Hindenburg (it goes up in flames!)

1 stat sums up luongo's final performance: 6 goals on 21 shots.

or this "somehow, Vancouver made it seven games after being outscored 23-8"

wanna know the difference? Miller was not letting in soft goals or shorthanded goals or hitting crap into his own net. He was letting in rediculous 4 player deflections and point blank shots that hit corners... so yes there was a difference and besides it was round 1 not round 4 game 7. Miller was the only player in game 7 who had a pulse and he fought off a lot of chances but his team took 3 periods to wake up. Ryan Miller did not have half the defense that thomas or luongo had so yes Miller is awesome and I think will be really good next year because he is a competitor and also Miller was never like "i would have made this save or that save, I am Miller, I am awesome" Miller isnt a douche and luongo comes off as one so ppl will cut him more slack. Miller has a tendancy to play well but just not quite good enough to win in those all important games but Luongo just flames out in spectacular fashion. Miller is like the Titanic (it sinks serenely) Luongo is like the Hindenburg (it goes up in flames!)

1 stat sums up luongo's final performance: 6 goals on 21 shots.

or this "somehow, Vancouver made it seven games after being outscored 23-8"

Excuses are for losers, and Miller always gives up soft head scratchers, if you can't see that than you are watching with jaded glasses on. Miller let in 5 goals in 3 of the games and 4 goals in one other one. How about against Boston 2 yrs ago? I guess no goal is ever his fault right? Please!

Excuses are for losers, and Miller always gives up soft head scratchers, if you can't see that than you are watching with jaded glasses on. Miller let in 5 goals in 3 of the games and 4 goals in one other one. How about against Boston 2 yrs ago? I guess no goal is ever his fault right? Please!

lots of goals are his fault but last years playoffs it was miller vs boston and that was pretty obvious after vanek got elliminated. Also Miller didnt let in goals the likes of which Luongo did in the finals... also until miller plays in the finals I dont think you can say that in those tight scoring situations or cup or bust games miller will choke its a stupid comparison that you still have not backed up. Miller is not Luongo thank god. Miller is miller, people around here like to bag on him because of random stuff. Ive never seen miller give up 7 goals in a playoff game the way luongo did nor will i ever. Like i said miller doesnt choke, luongo however just did. O an no miller didnt let it the goals you claim, you forget he got pulled and the empty netter so subtract a bit and you still do not end up with buffalo being destroyed (other than game 7) the way luongo was. Does this team need work yes, does miller need to step up this year yes, did he choke last year no.

I've been a big critic of Miller in the past because of his arrogant "holier than thou" attitude, but I've also attributed a lot of his criticism to the fact that the Olympics placed him on a higher pedestal than he deserves to be. Miller is a pretty good goaltender IMO but certainly not superstar status like some expect him to be. With that said, I watched Luongo's entire career in Florida and he has always been a letdown in big games. He always racked up the big numbers early in the season and when it came down to the end when the Panthers may have had some kind of chance of getting into the playoffs his play fell off the face of the earth. This is nothing new. He does it every year. When he was traded everybody was upset because it was a bad trade and thought he was better than Vokoun. When it comes down to it, Vokoun is 10X the goalie that Luongo is. I don't think it's fair to compare Miller to Luongo. Miller is a much more consistent goaltender than Luongo. Unfortunately the one thing I think they have in common is the Olympics inflated their egos to the point where they truly think they're as good as the media made them out to be.

I've been a big critic of Miller in the past because of his arrogant "holier than thou" attitude, but I've also attributed a lot of his criticism to the fact that the Olympics placed him on a higher pedestal than he deserves to be. Miller is a pretty good goaltender IMO but certainly not superstar status like some expect him to be. With that said, I watched Luongo's entire career in Florida and he has always been a letdown in big games. He always racked up the big numbers early in the season and when it came down to the end when the Panthers may have had some kind of chance of getting into the playoffs his play fell off the face of the earth. This is nothing new. He does it every year. When he was traded everybody was upset because it was a bad trade and thought he was better than Vokoun. When it comes down to it, Vokoun is 10X the goalie that Luongo is. I don't think it's fair to compare Miller to Luongo. Miller is a much more consistent goaltender than Luongo. Unfortunately the one thing I think they have in common is the Olympics inflated their egos to the point where they truly think they're as good as the media made them out to be.

All goalies are fire-breathing Martian-wierdos.

As far as they go, I've always thought Miller is pretty normal among their kind.

All goalies are fire-breathing Martian-wierdos.

As far as they go, I've always thought Miller is pretty normal among their kind.

I know what you mean. I always thought Roloson was way out there. I think it was one of the middle games in round 3 and he was doing a post-game interview and as he was being asked the first question he started hitting himself in the forehead like he was knocking on a door!

I don't like it when people say a team "choked." ok, so if a team loses big games in the playoffs year after year and never wins the championship they're a team that chokes? What if the choking team or player finally stops this "choking" in the playoffs and finally wins his team a championship after 10 years of "choking," does the team still carry the choking stigma? What I'm trying to say is, that only one team wins every year, that means there are 15 teams that lost big games in the playoffs to lose their series. Does that make them big "chokers?" No! The fact is, nobody chokes at anything. They're all professional athletes and it's not a matter of choking, it's the fact that everyone will have their turn at losing the big game and the last team standing wins.

In conclusion, people that say that a player choked in the playoffs are just using faulty subjective opinions.

I don't like it when people say a team "choked." ok, so if a team loses big games in the playoffs year after year and never wins the championship they're a team that chokes? What if the choking team or player finally stops this "choking" in the playoffs and finally wins his team a championship after 10 years of "choking," does the team still carry the choking stigma? What I'm trying to say is, that only one team wins every year, that means there are 15 teams that lost big games in the playoffs to lose their series. Does that make them big "chokers?" No! The fact is, nobody chokes at anything. They're all professional athletes and it's not a matter of choking, it's the fact that everyone will have their turn at losing the big game and the last team standing wins.

In conclusion, people that say that a player choked in the playoffs are just using faulty subjective opinions.

Says the poster w/ the Ottawa Otter Choking as his avatar. :huh:

I think Vancouver would have lost anyway, but Luongo did let in some very suspect goals in that 7th game. Lucic's shot between the legs (reminiscent of Crosby's shot against Miller in the Olympics)? Bergeron from that angle? Staying focused on the puck as a player is sliding into you? These are shots most goalies - let alone one in a Stanley Cup Final Game 7 - would stop without a problem.

The word 'choke' is arbitrary, and as a poster noted above, is a meaningless term when applied to 29 teams.

Let's just say that when push comes to shove, I'd rather have Miller in there than Luongo, although I think both are overrated.

I agree, Luongo wasn't the sole reason they lost. Although it would have taken a massive offensive outburst to make up for the garbage he let in. The rest of the team was pathetic. There was no intensity, there was no desperation and the Sedin sisters looked clueless. The team should be embarrassed for their performance. It's one thing to sneak into the finals as a 7th or 8th seed, but they were the President's trophy winners and the first team in decades to lead the league in goals against AND goals for. With that said, Thomas was outstanding, but I don't think he was the only reason Boston won. They played good old-fashioned TEAM hockey. And if it means anything, the four games that Thomas did win, his team scored 21 goals in support so I don't think his performance was that important when it come down to it.

I agree, Luongo wasn't the sole reason they lost. Although it would have taken a massive offensive outburst to make up for the garbage he let in. The rest of the team was pathetic. There was no intensity, there was no desperation and the Sedin sisters looked clueless. The team should be embarrassed for their performance. It's one thing to sneak into the finals as a 7th or 8th seed, but they were the President's trophy winners and the first team in decades to lead the league in goals against AND goals for. With that said, Thomas was outstanding, but I don't think he was the only reason Boston won. They played good old-fashioned TEAM hockey. And if it means anything, the four games that Thomas did win, his team scored 21 goals in support so I don't think his performance was that important when it come down to it.

Kind of reminiscent of Buffalo's Game 7 vs. the Flyers, eh?

Archived