OT - I wish I could have been at the Falls to see this! :-)

FogBat

I wish I didn't know who the Duggars are ... Jim Bob is an ultra-conservative, ultra-religious ass clown who doesn't believe in birth control and has been unsuccessful using the rhythym method 19 times. His wife, who I feel sorry for, has but one goal in life (or at least one that Jim Bob lets her talk about) to reproduce, even if it means potential complications for their offspring (their littlest girl was born at 5 1/2 months because, hey, they are getting older and maybe should give her uterus a rest). While it meant some attention for the Falls and Lewiston, and goodness knows we need it, having the Duggars in town almost ruined it.

Who the eff are the Duggars?

I don't want to get into a theological argument with you on a sporting site, but making a connection to women who can't keep their legs crossed is hardly fair. While many women who get abortions do so irresponsibly, there are some who do so for medical reasons or because of traumatic, unspeakable reasons. Many people who are pro-chocie are not pro-abortion ... I abhor the process, but I do understand that there are circumstances that call for it. I also know that long before there were legal abortions, women found dangerous ways to abort anyhow. I am just not comfortable telling someone else what to do with their body, especially when I could never fully appreciate what it is like to be pregnant.

As for the Duggars, their littlest child is struggling because there comes a time when men and women have to realize it is past time to reproduce. That it is time to finish raising your children and get ready to be grandparents. I just hope they learned from their last pregnancy that the time to stop is now.

To say that you and those who agree with you are more sane than those who have large families is condescending and disrespectful to say the least. I could be wrong, but something tells me that you do not believe in the right of a child to make it all the way through to birth. If that's the case, then I really feel sorry for you. AFAIAC, I would love to for me and my wife to be blessed with at least one child. I cannot begin to tell you just how painful it is for us not to have one - and yet women who won't keep their legs crossed murder their own. If you don't think that's despicable and worthy of outrage, then I have to wonder how you can sleep at night with your conscience.

BTW, to say what you said about the Duggars being tools and their kids having all sorts of issues in the future is a strawman argument in and of itself. The fact that this is a family that has had the same parents is a much stronger testament than kids who come from broken homes. I come from a broken home and so does my wife. I would have loved to come from a healthy home. But who knows? Maybe if Christ eventually blesses us with kids, we'll succeed where our respective parents failed due to their unjustified selfishness.

Oh, and BTW: When you say, "Nice straw man," with all due respect, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. <_<th you

I wish I didn't know who the Duggars are ... Jim Bob is an ultra-conservative, ultra-religious ass clown who doesn't believe in birth control and has been unsuccessful using the rhythym method 19 times. His wife, who I feel sorry for, has but one goal in life (or at least one that Jim Bob lets her talk about) to reproduce, even if it means potential complications for their offspring (their littlest girl was born at 5 1/2 months because, hey, they are getting older and maybe should give her uterus a rest). While it meant some attention for the Falls and Lewiston, and goodness knows we need it, having the Duggars in town almost ruined it.

So I guess you feel the need to give the Duggars the Rodney Dangerfield treatment? SMH...

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw in Playboy back in the late 80's... A guy is in the bedroom with his wife and there are about a dozen kids running around. He is holding an empty condom box and he says to his wife, "I guess I'll have to use the thumb of my catcher's mitt again". Oof. :blink:

I would love to for me and my wife to be blessed with at least one child. I cannot begin to tell you just how painful it is for us not to have one - and yet women who won't keep their legs crossed murder their own.

XC, I am sorry that you and your wife have thus far been unable to have your own children. Have you ever considered adoption? I know it's not the same, but there are an awful lot of kids out there who wish they had a family and parents who care for them, and maybe you could be those parents to a child in need. Just a thought.

I don't want to get into a theological argument with you on a sporting site, but making a connection to women who can't keep their legs crossed is hardly fair. While many women who get abortions do so irresponsibly, there are some who do so for medical reasons or because of traumatic, unspeakable reasons. Many people who are pro-choice are not pro-abortion ... I abhor the process, but I do understand that there are circumstances that call for it. I also know that long before there were legal abortions, women found dangerous ways to abort anyhow. I am just not comfortable telling someone else what to do with their body, especially when I could never fully appreciate what it is like to be pregnant.

As for the Duggars, their littlest child is struggling because there comes a time when men and women have to realize it is past time to reproduce. That it is time to finish raising your children and get ready to be grandparents. I just hope they learned from their last pregnancy that the time to stop is now.

THIS x1000. I don't think I could ever do it myself, and there are a lot of wrong reason the procedure gets done, but there are also times when it is medically necessary and it isn't anyone's place to tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their body.

XC, I am sorry that you and your wife have thus far been unable to have your own children. Have you ever considered adoption? I know it's not the same, but there are an awful lot of kids out there who wish they had a family and parents who care for them, and maybe you could be those parents to a child in need. Just a thought.

We have been talking about adoption for the past few years. There's just one major obstacle in the way, and that's my job as an over-the-road trucker. The goal is for me to come off the road and drive locally by the end of the year. Frankly, I've seen just about every Interstate east of the Mississippi (which is where I've mostly driven), and I'm tired of seeing the same roads all the time. I am tired of being away from home altogether. Perhaps by me being home everyday, we'll have a better shot of qualifying for adoptions.

BTW, as an aside, there is one thing I have noticed: the Culture of Death has reared its ugly head on this thread.

BTW, as an aside, there is one thing I have noticed: the Culture of Death has reared its ugly head on this thread.

Hmm ... as one a small number of posters in this thread, I'm wondering if I should be insulted by this characterization. <_<

And strangely enough it's a topic that you brought into the thread.

It was just an observation, thanks in large part to the "raincoat" comments that commenced with the second posting on this thread.

It was just an observation, thanks in large part to the "raincoat" comments that commenced with the second posting on this thread.

Because abortion is an obvious transition to make from that subject. The two subjects are completely different matters.

Archived