Brad Richards.......3yr/$25 mil

papazoid

complete two way power forward center with tremendous leadership skills. should be our first free agent target. (was with Dallas)

next is Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, Vancouver Canucks

...I feel like I said this once.... Def the Ehrhoff thing, and Obviously Richards would be a huge asset. Richards is rumored to be either resigning in dallas or looking to NYR which makes sense considering the rangers wanna dump drury. (was with dallas...lol) :clapping:

IMO, if they get a #1 center this summer, it will be a pre-draft trade involving at least this year's #1, probably next year's #1 as well, and at least one top prospect. "Hockey heaven" sounds good, but they have to prove it with actions before FAs believe it.

It'll be a bidding war this off season for Richards. He'll be the Kovy of the summer of 2011. Leafs and Rangers already mentioned to be interested. I'll go with Rangers, seeing as Torts coached him before. They'd need to clear some cap space, Drury being one of them.

How about we help them and take Marc Stall off their hands? Straight up for Morrisonn. lol

Would no one be interested in trying to get Drury back if NYR dumps him? I'm not real up to date on his recent numbers.. But when he was around, he was the clutch/ go to guy we need now.

He's beaten, broken and old. NO

Although I could wear my signed Goathead jersey again. Wait. NO

If I had to take bets....

Tortorella was just signed for 3 years.

If Richards isn't a Star, he'll be a Ranger.

Word was pretty much out that that was the only place he'd waive his no-trade.

He wants to play with Tortorella again.

Then we have the GM that will spend all of his available time trying to negotiate with him when everyone else in the world already knows its a waste of time because he is going to end up a ranger anyway!

So....who are we replacing him with after buying him out? He had the 2nd most points on the team this year after suffering a pretty awful concussion early in the season.

Everyone is obsessed with how much money we can spend (or cannot spend due to players we already have signed) but the right free agents need to be there to sign (and willing to sign). This is a weak summer for free agents. It's not like all we need to do if free up enough money for "Generic Star Free Agent Center" and we'll have him.

The don't think it makes any sense to buy out Pominville this summer.

...assuming his injury didn't have an impact on our chances of winning the series. I think Pominville is more valuable to this team (albeit slightly overpaid) than most people give him credit for.

Ditto Connolly. When he went down, I feel like the series shifted. Not that we had a firm grasp on it prior to that moment.

Would no one be interested in trying to get Drury back if NYR dumps him? I'm not real up to date on his recent numbers.. But when he was around, he was the clutch/ go to guy we need now.

Sure. If they buy him out, he wouldn't cost us much at all. He's old but we're incredibly weak at center and we're definitely losing some veteran players. I'd love him as a 3rd liner.

So....who are we replacing him with after buying him out? He had the 2nd most points on the team this year after suffering a pretty awful concussion early in the season.

Everyone is obsessed with how much money we can spend (or cannot spend due to players we already have signed) but the right free agents need to be there to sign (and willing to sign). This is a weak summer for free agents. It's not like all we need to do if free up enough money for "Generic Star Free Agent Center" and we'll have him.

The don't think it makes any sense to buy out Pominville this summer.

not to mention that you are also vcreating dead cap space (i.e. less available money to spend under the cap) just to get rid of a guy that you are going to have to find someone available thats better to replace him.

complete two way power forward center with tremendous leadership skills. should be our first free agent target. (was with Dallas)

next is Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, Vancouver Canucks

3 years? If you even want to speak with his agent, you must offer 6-7 years.... but in a cap world, the teams who truly want him will offer similar deals, and he's already said its Dallas, Toronto or NYR.

Then we have the GM that will spend all of his available time trying to negotiate with him when everyone else in the world already knows its a waste of time because he is going to end up a ranger anyway!

Why not trade for his rights before free agency and see if Terry Pegula can change his mind?

...assuming his injury didn't have an impact on our chances of winning the series. I think Pominville is more valuable to this team (albeit slightly overpaid) than most people give him credit for.

Ditto Connolly. When he went down, I feel like the series shifted. Not that we had a firm grasp on it prior to that moment.

I think they are MUCH better off finding someone thats better then just a PP guy, time to cut ties with him (and as a FA its much easier and cheaper to do) now and upgrade

I'd like to see Bieksa (29) and Ehrloff (28) from Vancouver as signings. As for Dru, I'd take a flier if he signed a contract at a level commensurate with his production that isn't long-term. Age and injuries have caught up with Dru. Although he might thrive again under Lindy. However, I wouldn't pay him what he's getting how that's for sure.

Why not trade for his rights before free agency and see if Terry Pegula can change his mind?

Because you are going to be giving up ALOT of assets just to be allowed to negotiate with him prior to FA. We saw how well Darcy has been at trying to convince a player that they should sign in Buffalo instead of a bit further upstate where they have their heart already set in playing

I'm not real up to date on his recent numbers.. But when he was around, he was the clutch/ go to guy we need now.

Regular Season                          Playoffs
Season 	        Team 	                League 	GP 	G 	A 	Pts 	PIM 	GP 	G 	A 	Pts 	PIM
2003–04 	Buffalo Sabres 	        NHL 	76 	18 	35 	53 	68 	— 	— 	— 	— 	—
2005–06 	Buffalo Sabres 	        NHL 	81 	30 	37 	67 	32 	18 	9 	9 	18 	10
2006–07 	Buffalo Sabres 	        NHL 	77 	37 	32 	69 	30 	16 	8 	5 	13 	2
2007–08 	New York Rangers 	NHL 	82 	25 	33 	58 	45 	10 	3 	3 	6 	8
2008–09 	New York Rangers 	NHL 	81 	22 	34 	56 	32 	6 	1 	0 	1 	2
2009–10 	New York Rangers 	NHL 	77 	14 	18 	32 	31 	— 	— 	— 	— 	—
2010–11 	New York Rangers 	NHL 	24 	1 	4 	5 	8 	5 	0 	1 	1 	2

He was good for us. He was good for two seasons with NYR, but didn't meet expectations last year and lost ice time. This past season he's been injured with a broken finger and nagging knee problems. His hefty, often thought to be overpriced $7M/year contract is up after 2011-2012. If the Rangers don't resign him, any team that wants him might be better to make him a trade deadline addition next year then sign him before July 1st.

He was good for us. He was good for two seasons with NYR, but didn't meet expectations last year and lost ice time. This past season he's been injured with a broken finger and nagging knee problems. His hefty, often thought to be overpriced $7M/year contract is up after 2011-2012. If the Rangers don't resign him, any team that wants him might be better to make him a trade deadline addition next year then sign him before July 1st.

I think the scenario where we'd bring him back involves the Rangers buying him out this summer to take a run at Brad Richards. Who knows where the team will be or what will be going on next summer when he's a free agent again?

how do you conclude this...?

It was a shot at the Drury debacle

Since we are bringing up another player who its becoming well known, wants to play for the Rangers, just like Drury when he was going to become a FA.

instead of being able to multi-task and work on a backup plan in the event that drury decides he will wait for theRangers offer, Darcy only focused on him and let Briere test the FA market where he became a Flyer and was one of the main reasons why we aren't discussing round 2 and facing the Caps today

Archived