Brad Richards.......3yr/$25 mil

papazoid

It was a shot at the Drury debacle

Since we are bringing up another player who its becoming well known, wants to play for the Rangers, just like Drury when he was going to become a FA.

instead of being able to multi-task and work on a backup plan in the event that drury decides he will wait for theRangers offer, Darcy only focused on him and let Briere test the FA market where he became a Flyer and was one of the main reasons why we aren't discussing round 2 and facing the Caps today

Thanks for the clarification. I follow the logic.

I wasn't thinking of Drury...but now that you mention it. It seems to be Sather's MO.

Because you are going to be giving up ALOT of assets just to be allowed to negotiate with him prior to FA. We saw how well Darcy has been at trying to convince a player that they should sign in Buffalo instead of a bit further upstate where they have their heart already set in playing

No you're not, Bouwmeester's rights were traded for a 3rd. More recently Hamhuis' rights went to the Flyers last year for a conditional 7th. Hardly "ALOT" if you are able to get him signed.

getting Richards would probably be like getting drury back in his prime with a little more size and a little less diving around to score playoff goals. I'd be down to get Parise and a stud up and coming strong center and let our D Core work itself out over the summer.

First off Richards is better than drury. Second off Parise is a left wing and a RFA meaning even for an offer sheet it would take a great deal to acquire a player we dont necessarily need.

No you're not, Bouwmeester's rights were traded for a 3rd. More recently Hamhuis' rights went to the Flyers last year for a conditional 7th. Hardly "ALOT" if you are able to get him signed.

2 things: Bouwmeester=defense Hamhuis=Defense and both are not superstar quality like Richards. I have no desire to give up a first round pick for nothing... we dont have a second and I dont think a third would do it.

Now on to drury: Seriously Shut the Front Door on that coversation. http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/04/what_to_do_about_chris_drury.html read it and move on. Hes old and broken and I have no reason to think hes worth 7mil or even half that. We had him in his prime and now its gone. Its a waste of cap space more than any player we have on the team now. Sorry TC lovers... o and 1 more thing he has a NMC which means he can stay in NYC if he wants to until his contract is up. They are not going to buy him out unless they sign richards. WORST IDEA EVER.

Richards will sign the longest front weighted deal he gets offered as long as its a big market team, Toronto, NYR, maybe even a west coast team like LA. We will have to trade for a center and the only teams overflowing with them are SJ and to a point Chicago. So Darcy has to nut up or shut up and get fired because as of right now judging by FA it looks like we might add a couple depth guys but thats about it. Unless of course Tpegs drops the hammer and forces things to happen.

It was just sphincter-flutteringly awful and talked to death. I don't want Drury back here.

I agree. Why in gods name do we keep wanting retreads that are past their prime and deeply affected by father time. When he was here he was clutch but his time is done. Let him go.

I agree. Why in gods name do we keep wanting retreads that are past their prime and deeply affected by father time. When he was here he was clutch but his time is done. Let him go.

So you're saying you're not interested in JP Dumont, got it... :D

Now on to drury: Seriously Shut the Front Door on that coversation. http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/04/what_to_do_about_chris_drury.html read it and move on. Hes old and broken and I have no reason to think hes worth 7mil or even half that. We had him in his prime and now its gone. Its a waste of cap space more than any player we have on the team now. Sorry TC lovers... o and 1 more thing he has a NMC which means he can stay in NYC if he wants to until his contract is up. They are not going to buy him out unless they sign richards. WORST IDEA EVER.

No one's taking that contract. That won't even be in play. He is going to be bought out and then he'll latch on somewhere with a low end deal. The NMC does not block a buyout, so that is essentially guaranteed to happen.

Are you really comparing Boumeester and Hamhuis to Richards, the most coveted potential FA this summer? If you want to get his rights early, you will have to pay up, unless its very late June and the Stars know they can't get him re-signed

Archived