Pre-Game Show

frissonic

So, because I have a family function thing tomorrow, I set the DVR to record the game. Of notable interest is the fact that the 4:30-5:00 pm slot (my time zone ... 2 hours behind all y'all locals) has the pre-game show. I set the DVR to record that as well, just to see if I get it or if I end up with 30 minutes of the DTV logo.

For all of you not local to Buffalo who have DTV, you might want to see if you get the pre-game show.

u may have to be a subscriber to the sports networks for out of towners to get this

So i just checked my to do list..just had the game on 638-1 as normal. But, there is a seperate listing for the pregame on 638-1, but not on the 770 channel. So yes, you do need to subscribe to the sports network. They also have a listing for a post game show.

Gotta figure out how to auto record pregame show..can only start a recording 10 minutes early, and the listing is the generic"pregame" so can't program that in...any suggestions I am wide open. I watch a lot of the games not live..like tonight have a commitment to 10.30..so will be watching after that.

Strange. On TWC in Rochester, 1092 is the Sabre Channel, while 1093 is MSGHD. The game is listed on both, though experience tells me that 1093 will simply say "The game is available on the Sabre Channel (1092)." However, the Sabres Pregame is only listed on 1093. So, I have 1/2 an hour recording on 1093, then switch to the game on 1092. If I'm around, I'll check 1092 at 6:30 to see if the pregame show is on it, too.

no pre-game show for me on DirecTV with Center ICE package (I didn't expect it really)

BUT I'm going to suggest to the Sabres that they LIVE stream it on the website for us out-of-towners... hopefully that won't be too much of a legal hassle for them. We'll see...

Islanders pre-game show on 1093 (MSGHD), so I'll have to try adjusting the start time back 30 minutes on 1092 (Sabre) next time. The only other possibility would be MSGSD, as sometimes the HD feed is different (e.g., the next morning replay is never on MSGHD, but is always on MSGSD.)

Any word if the pregame show is any good or is it just harry and rick talking about their canasta games?

Thought it was good last night. Nothing that is going to win an emmmy or anything, but last night had Dom on, recap of last couple of games, typical stuff

Thought it was good last night. Nothing that is going to win an emmmy or anything, but last night had Dom on, recap of last couple of games, typical stuff

I'll probably have to catch it to see for myself and any pregame will be compared to the Empire days of pre and post game shows. If its anything like that i'm on board.

I'll bet that they would have won an emmy by now if Darcy wasn't in charge.

no pre-game show for me on DirecTV with Center ICE package (I didn't expect it really)

BUT I'm going to suggest to the Sabres that they LIVE stream it on the website for us out-of-towners... hopefully that won't be too much of a legal hassle for them. We'll see...

I already threw it in the suggestion box. I don't know if they've read it yet, but I've made the very same suggestion you are asking for.

I already threw it in the suggestion box. I don't know if they've read it yet, but I've made the very same suggestion you are asking for.

NICE! hopefully that suggestion gets put in there a few more times and they try to make that a reality. Thanks!

NICE! hopefully that suggestion gets put in there a few more times and they try to make that a reality. Thanks!

Agreed. I highly recommend you also throw that into the suggestion box. Obviously, I agree with you, and think it's a good idea. If we can't watch the pre-game show without purchasing the regional sports package, it'd be nice to use sabres.nhl.tv to stream live the pre and post game shows.

Frankly, I subscribe to Center Ice on DirecTV and I also have Center Ice Online because I travel a lot for work, so the total investment to watch Sabres games for me is like close to $400/season. I'm not going to pay the extra monthly fee to purchase the regional sports package only to watch MSG, and that too, only to watch the Sabres just for the pre and post game shows. I don't know that I'm that interested in watching anything else that is broadcasst on MSG let alone any of the other regional sports packages. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Agreed. I highly recommend you also throw that into the suggestion box. Obviously, I agree with you, and think it's a good idea. If we can't watch the pre-game show without purchasing the regional sports package, it'd be nice to use sabres.nhl.tv to stream live the pre and post game shows.

Frankly, I subscribe to Center Ice on DirecTV and I also have Center Ice Online because I travel a lot for work, so the total investment to watch Sabres games for me is like close to $400/season. I'm not going to pay the extra monthly fee to purchase the regional sports package only to watch MSG, and that too, only to watch the Sabres just for the pre and post game shows. I don't know that I'm that interested in watching anything else that is broadcasst on MSG let alone any of the other regional sports packages. Seems like a waste of money to me.

I hear ya. Seems to me that we should get the Pregame and Postgame free for buying Center Ice. I'm not about to spend another nickel on Sabres/Bills beyond what I already do.

I hear ya. Seems to me that we should get the Pregame and Postgame free for buying Center Ice. I'm not about to spend another nickel on Sabres/Bills beyond what I already do.

I agree but DTV just gave me sports pack for 5$ a month so will keep it till end of hockey season and cancel. I agree pre and post games should be part of the game package oh well

Here in Atl I have Direct TV and the Center Ice package. I was surprised to see I got the entire Sabre Post Game Show without having the Sports Pack. Normally as soon as the game finishes, I get the start of the Post Game show and then the big blank screen. Don't know if this will continue or just a fluke. I will see tomorrow night. Anyone else get the Post Game without the Sports Pack??

I agree but DTV just gave me sports pack for 5$ a month so will keep it till end of hockey season and cancel. I agree pre and post games should be part of the game package oh well

I may be mistaken, but I think it is an issue of the ads that are run during the pre- and post game shows, that makes them unavailable. In previous seasons (though not this year, for the most part), when I would watch a Buffalo broadcast of a Sabres game on Center Ice (Time Warner) they would black out all of the Buffalo area commericials..normally with a "we'll be right back" Center Ice graphic. I would imagine, the ad rates being what they are, they don't want to pay extra to broadcast the pre and post game shows nationally.

Here in Atl I have Direct TV and the Center Ice package. I was surprised to see I got the entire Sabre Post Game Show without having the Sports Pack. Normally as soon as the game finishes, I get the start of the Post Game show and then the big blank screen. Don't know if this will continue or just a fluke. I will see tomorrow night. Anyone else get the Post Game without the Sports Pack??

Yes, I got it after the Habs game. Was very surprised and also hope it wasn't a fluke!

I'll bet that they would have won an emmy by now if Darcy wasn't in charge.

That went seemingly unnoticed yet it was really funny! On another note, I do not like the intermissions at Studio 200 with all the "yay-hoos" showing off behind Kevin and Roby.

I may be mistaken, but I think it is an issue of the ads that are run during the pre- and post game shows, that makes them unavailable. In previous seasons (though not this year, for the most part), when I would watch a Buffalo broadcast of a Sabres game on Center Ice (Time Warner) they would black out all of the Buffalo area commericials..normally with a "we'll be right back" Center Ice graphic. I would imagine, the ad rates being what they are, they don't want to pay extra to broadcast the pre and post game shows nationally.

DTV plays the local ads tons of the excessive sweat and celino and barnes commercials

I have Direct TV with Center Ice, and occasionally someone in the main lair "forgets" to flip the switch and I get the entire post game. Very occasionally. So I was not surprised to see it after the Habs game...but I won't be surprised to not see it after tonights game.

In other words, I'm hoping for consistency, but not holding my breath.

Archived