NBC "Hockey"

BuffaloFansR_Crazy

Anyone else watching the Bruins vs Wings game on NBC?

At intermission Pierre and Milbury basically apologized on behave of the NHL for the Montreal vs Boston and Pittsburgh vs New York Islanders games. If you didn't see them, look them up. Pierre suggested that the NHL reduce the number of players on the bench from 18 down to 17 so there are less "enforcers." All I can say is they were the best games I've seen all year. Feel free to call NBC (good luck) at 818-777-1000.

At intermission Pierre and Milbury basically apologized on behave of the NHL for the Montreal vs Boston and Pittsburgh vs New York Islanders games. If you didn't see them, look them up. Pierre suggested that the NHL reduce the number of players on the bench from 18 down to 17 so there are less "enforcers." All I can say is they were the best games I've seen all year. Feel free to call NBC (good luck) at 818-777-1000.

And tell them what?

I'm not calling. I have to make some phone sex calls before the game.

Listen, that game set hockey back 35 years. If it's your thing, fine, but you might be better off spending your time with UFC or professional wrestling. Hockey, eventually, is going to move on from this nonsense.

Listen, that game set hockey back 35 years. If it's your thing, fine, but you might be better off spending your time with UFC or professional wrestling. Hockey, eventually, is going to move on from this nonsense.

If you eliminate fighting from the game, do cheap-shots go up?

Which game. I'm assuming you are talking about the Pens NYI game?

We don't agree often, but we're on the same page here.

I think McGuire was right about one thing - the Pitt-Isles game (I didn't see a lot of the Montreal-Boston fracas) was not about fighting in hockey, it was about vengeance and the Isles, as an organization, wanting to extract their pound of flesh.

Thank god for hands free devices.

The Montreal Boston game certainty didn't. That was a great game and my whole point. Pens vs Islander game may have reminded you of the 80s goons day. I have never seen more coaches than players on the bench before. NYI brought Haley up just for that. Makes me wonder what they are going to do today.

Someone needs to explain this phone sex to me. No, not what it is but rather why would anyone pay for this? Someone pretends to have sex with you on the phone or they fondle themselves (supposedly) while you do the same and she talks about her parts and you parts. My girls uncle calls these lines all the time, I think thus makes him certifiable. For what they charge couldn't you pay for actual sex from a prostitute?

Someone needs to explain this phone sex to me. No, not what it is but rather why would anyone pay for this? Someone pretends to have sex with you on the phone or they fondle themselves (supposedly) while you do the same and she talks about her parts and you parts. My girls uncle calls these lines all the time, I think thus makes him certifiable. For what they charge couldn't you pay for actual sex from a prostitute?

Don't question it. He has to pay for his Center Ice somehow.

Perhaps the league should police suspensions better. Having goons like cooke get away with stuff routinely set the stage for the brawl game.

And how does Pitt get nothing from that game????

Not if the league enforces the rules AND hands out consistent (and meaningful) supplementary discipline. Fighting has been removed from hockey at other levels (such as the NCAA) and I've seen some pretty rough college contests. I'm not sure why hockey feels the need to keep fighting as "part of the game" (other than Milbury's correct observation that fans like it). Look, in the NFL, a defensive back can come across the field and lay a crushing hit on a receiver, but when the play is over they both hop up, pat each other on the hiney and go back to the huddle. Why don't they tear off their helmets and go toe to toe? Because hitting is part of the game and they both realize that AND fighting in the NFL gets you suspended. You can extend this to MLB and the NBA - a catcher gets run over by a base runner, a guard gets bowled over by a forward crashing the glass. These guys get hit hard, just like NHL players. Once in a great while, they may start a shoving match, but they very rarely throw a punch. So, I ask again....why (other than the fact that we like it) is fighting still in pro hockey? (By the way, I don't mind a good toe-to-toe battle once in a while, but the brawling that went on the other day between the Islanders and the Penguins....nope. I saw enough of that with the Flyers in the '70s.)

Archived