Drew Stafford

Fire Lindy Ruff NOW

how bout that drew stafford guy? hatrick yesterday and overall is having a decent year. think he can keep it up? if he gets 25 goals and about 60 points this year i would call that a successfull year.

I think anyone would call that a successful year. His career high is 20-25-45, and he's already missed 16 games this year.

I don't trust the heart in this guy one bit....I don't care if he has 40 goals this year. He needs to move on with Connolly and Rivet when this season is done. People want a new team next year, don't fall for the contract year trap!

Amen Brutha. Preach it from the mountain top.

Okay, so Stafford returns for a game and actually hits the net... prompting all of us to wax poetic about his "potential." I am expecting that we won't hear from him for another 17 games. He has a history of popping out of nowhere and banging in two or three goals, only to disappear for a quarter of the season.

Without being too negative, I do like the way he scored all three last night. He was on the doorstep, waiting to drive home a garbage goal. Right now, I don't need, nor do I want, "pretty" from this team. I want people going to the net and banging home cheap rebounds. For that matter, I just want guys who can hit the freakin' net with the puck when they have good chances.

My concern for this team is they have no finishers... no one who puts it in the net when the quality scoring chance materializes. So it was good to see Drew bang home these kinds of goals. He finished, he wasn't fancy about it, he drove to the net. It's all good.

I just want him to KEEP DOING IT!

It's funny, yet sad, to see so many fall into the trappings by this roster year after year. A player in a contract year putting up numbers beyond what he has in the past. I doubt status quo has learned from past mistakes. Hopefully, a new regime will know better and trade Stafford in the off-season to a team that will be all starry-eyed about his production this season, if he keeps it up. Which I think he will. After all he is playing for a new contract.

You just described every player on the Sabres roster.

lol....pretty much. But I never thought Roy or Hecht were going to be all-stars. When Stafford 1st come up he had that kind of potential but never put it all together. It would be nice if this was the start of something nice for him.

lol....pretty much. But I never thought Roy or Hecht were going to be all-stars. When Stafford 1st come up he had that kind of potential but never put it all together. It would be nice if this was the start of something nice for him.

Like someone else mentioned, no heart.

He'd rather lead a grunge band, hockey is just something for him to pass the time with...Nice hat trick, but he could repeat that showing with 10 more this season and I'd still want him elsewhere next year. Contrary to what Deluca may think, I'm sure I'm in the majority, at least here... :unsure:

Like someone else mentioned, no heart.

He'd rather lead a grunge band, hockey is just something for him to pass the time with...Nice hat trick, but he could repeat that showing with 10 more this season and I'd still want him elsewhere next year. Contrary to what Deluca may think, I'm sure I'm in the majority, at least here... :unsure:

Agreed. He does seem to show a lack of effort and seems to have issues keeping his head in the game every shift but maybe this is the start of something good for him. We could really use a guy with his skill level playing to his full potential.

Archived