UFA signings this year

X. Benedict

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344696

Best UFA signings so far:

MacArthur, Armstrong (yet the leafs lose) Torres, Malholtra, Halpern

You could probably add Lydmann and Paul Martin.

The only move that was close to sexy that is paying off this season was Paul Martin in Pittsburgh.

My theory: Usually it takes a full year for UFA's to jell in new organizations. That is also why I am never too excited picking up rentals at trade deadline.

Official Sabres UFA Defensemen Appreciation Post:

Yes, we enjoyed both Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman. Here's how they're doing this season:

Player: Toni Lydman (ANA)

GP: 29

G/A/P: 2/9/11 (8th on team in P)

+/-: +18

PIM: 12

PP: 0

SH: 0

Shots: 48

Shot %: 4.2

TOI: 23:23

Player: Henrik Tallinder (NJD)

G/A/P: 1/3/4 (14th on team in P)

+/-: -16

PIM: 14

SH: 1

Shots: 28

Shot %: 3.6

TOI: 22:40

Here's our replacements:

Player: Jordan Leopold

GP: 30

G/A/P: 7/10/17 (3rd on team)

+/-: 0

PP: 2

Shots: 52

Shot %: 13.5

TOI: 23:48

Player: Steve Montador

G/A/P: 3/8/11 (6th on team)

+/-: +13

PIM: 53

Shots: 50

Shot %: 6.0

TOI: 20:23

These new guys are contributing nicely in the offense. Hopefully Shaoaoaoneg MorrrrissoonNnn will finally shake off that groin injury.

Official Sabres UFA Defensemen Appreciation Post:

Yes, we enjoyed both Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman. Here's how they're doing this season:

Player: Toni Lydman (ANA)

G/A/P: 2/9/11 (8th on team in P)

+/-: +18

PIM: 12

Shots: 48

Shot %: 4.2

TOI: 23:23

Player: Henrik Tallinder (NJD)

G/A/P: 1/3/4 (14th on team in P)

+/-: -16

SH: 1

Shots: 28

Shot %: 3.6

TOI: 22:40

Here's our replacements:

Player: Jordan Leopold

G/A/P: 7/10/17 (3rd on team)

+/-: 0

PP: 2

Shots: 52

Shot %: 13.5

TOI: 23:48

Player: Steve Montador

G/A/P: 3/8/11 (6th on team)

+/-: +13

PIM: 53

Shots: 50

Shot %: 6.0

TOI: 20:23

These new guys are contributing nicely in the offense. Hopefully Shaoaoaoneg MorrrrissoonNnn will finally shake off that groin injury.

Umm..... it's dirty pool calling Montador a replacement for Lydman or Tallinder. You'll need Morissonn's stats in there to make your point (even though Morissonn's stats don't make the point very well).

Just sayin'....

Well, I could analyze the players that you thought were going to be their replacements before the season started, or I could analyze the players that actually replaced them.

Just sayin'.

LOL

How can you justify calling Monty a replacement for Lydman or Tallinder when he was on the roster with them last year? He didn't replace either one of them. No matter how you want to skew it, Leopold and Morissonn did. If you want to go with an alternate because Morissonn isn't playing then you are talking about Weber.

I understand the point you are trying to make and don't necessarily disagree, but if you are going to make the point, you have to use the new players, the ones *replacing* the 2 that left, not one new player and another arbitrarily chosen from the previous seasons' roster.

How can you justify calling Monty a replacement for Lydman or Tallinder when he was on the roster with them last year? He didn't replace either one of them. No matter how you want to skew it, Leopold and Morissonn did. If you want to go with an alternate because Morissonn isn't playing then you are talking about Weber.

No, see, we replaced Tallinder with Sekera, Lyman with Leopold, Sekera with Morrisonn, and Rivet with Weber. Recently, Morrisonn has since been replaced with Butler due to injury. I think that's it ... for now.

Of course, the whole thing changes if we're talking about special teams.

:thumbsup:

No, see, we replaced Tallinder with Sekera, Lyman with Leopold, Sekera with Morrisonn, and Rivet with Weber. Recently, Morrisonn has since been replaced with Butler due to injury. I think that's it ... for now.

For that, I'm replacing you with Weave and then IKnowPhysics and then Carpandean.

Ahhhhhh... now I get the logic. :blink:

Archived