A month's worth of goals...

PASabreFan

What I like is that 12 different Sabres scored over that strech.

11 different forwards. Un-frickin'real.

that can be both good and bad.

It's good to know who your "top guns" are when there is 5 minutes left and you need a goal... If you are spread out too much, then it isn't really clear who you can lean on in critical times.

What I like is that 12 different Sabres scored over that strech.

11 different forwards. Un-frickin'real.

Only 11? Not 12? Who didn't score? Whoever he is, we so should have shipped him out with Roy for Recchi.

:lol:

The way Miller is playing we will need to score goals. Boy, that guy turned into a flop pretty quick

Just an FYI, those trolling for an argument just to be an ass are shown the door pretty quickly.

that can be both good and bad.

It's good to know who your "top guns" are when there is 5 minutes left and you need a goal... If you are spread out too much, then it isn't really clear who you can lean on in critical times.

I don't think that is a problem... if we do need to put our top guns on the ice, Lindy knows who they are, and so should you. If you don't, you haven't been watching this team all year. But I think that is also a good thing when it doesn't matter who you put out there in the last 5 minutes, you have confidence that anyone can get it done. Not many teams, if any, can say that.

Look at the Flyers game, Grier scored the winning goal with 4.6 seconds left. Lindy has confidence in almost everyone on any given night. But at the same time Lindy knows when NOT to put someone on the ice, like the other night when Max and Vanek were giving up the puck like crazy and making bad decisions, he switched up the lines and sat them down for the last few minutes and got results. I don't think having confidence in every line or confidence that any player can play with almost any combination of teammates is a thing to worry about.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!! I find myself saying that outloud to myself during EVERY game... it's amazing.

I don't think that is a problem... if we do need to put our top guns on the ice, Lindy knows who they are, and so should you. If you don't, you haven't been watching this team all year.

:lol: I've only seen two games... :blush:

My only point was that it is good to have one line that is head and shoulders above the rest in certain situations, but clearly it is great to have everyone contributing too.

I don't think it's a case of not knowing who you rely on for that goal late in the third down 1. For the last 6 or 7 minutes you can keep playing at least 3 of your 4 full lines to try to tie it, unlike say Philly or the Rangers who would probably Forsberg or Jagr respectively play about 4:00 or 4:30 of a big game in that situation.

In a must win game needing a goal with the goalie pulled and under a minute to go, it's pretty simple to me...5 forwards, 1 defenseman, Briere-Hecht-Dumont is your best scoring line so you go with them, Kotalik out there as a 'defenseman,' Connolly's your extra attacker, and Campbell or Numminen as the puck distributor from the blueline. That's just me though...

The way Miller is playing we will need to score goals. Boy, that guy turned into a flop pretty quick

Funny how when Miller has a bad couple games he is labled a flop...but I guess when Brodeur gave up 6 goals on 16 shots, he was just having a bad day because he has experience right?

Seriously though, they were talking about Miller today on XM, and it sounded like Corsi is working with him on his patience so that he waits that extra second before dropping down. I expect him to snap out of it tomorrow against Washington...a nice confidence builder to get him ready for the rest of the stretch.

Archived