(OT) Plasma or LCD for watching hockey?

PASabreFan

These are helpful links -- I did most of my research on cnet before buying my tv.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-buying-guide/?tag=centerColumnArea1.0;buyAdvice

http://www.monoprice.com/home/home.asp?pn=help&idx=1

Thank you.

there is no such thing as an "LED" television, without LCD. There is no TV that contains a grid of LEDs. LEDs are the backlight source for an LCD screen, as LCD pixels do not produce their own light.

You too.

You know... I was just trying to sum it up and simplify it. He doesn't need to walk into Best Buy and ask for an LCD TV with LED technology. He needs to say I want to look at LED tv's, and guess what? They know what you're talking about.

So sure, I could have been more specific there, but you didn't address the fact that 120Hz or more makes perfect sense. So I do know what I'm talking about. Even if I didn't, then just correct me rather than be a jerk. Just because you're an admin doesn't mean you know all. In fact it pretty much means you have nothing better to do with your time other than type on a message board, which is sad.

First paragraph: sounds about right; thank you.

Second paragraph: he has nothing better to do other than own this message board. Not so sad anymore. I have nothing better to do than type on a message board. That's sad.

Yeah, I don't care if he owns it, that actually makes it worse. If he wants his own world then make the board private to only people he wants in it. I obviously would not be one of those people, and that's fine, but to sign up for this board took two seconds and had really no filter. It's a public board for all Sabres' fans.

This is the last I'll type on it, because I realize I am taking this topic else where and that is against general etiquette on any board. All I'm saying is that if you own or admin a message board that is public then act accordingly. I don't care if he kicks me off, I don't post often anyway. I just want there to be real conversation, and if someone errors then politely correct them.

Yeah, I don't care if he owns it, that actually makes it worse. If he wants his own world then make the board private to only people he wants in it. I obviously would not be one of those people, and that's fine, but to sign up for this board took two seconds and had really no filter. It's a public board for all Sabres' fans.

This is the last I'll type on it, because I realize I am taking this topic else where and that is against general etiquette on any board. All I'm saying is that if you own or admin a message board that is public then act accordingly. I don't care if he kicks me off, I don't post often anyway. I just want there to be real conversation, and if someone errors then politely correct them.

Seriously?

I mildly criticized your poorly worded post, get over it. If that is the worst thing that has happened to you this week, then you've had a pretty good week.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived