Tough words by the softest team in the NHL

Two or less

Patrick Kaleta: "It’ll get taken care of either with the league or … Saturday. We’ll make a point you can’t be taking hits like that against 1 of our leaders and 1 of our better players on our team."

Ryan Miller: "It needs to be punished. I don’t care if it’s unintentional. It’s what we have to get away from in hockey right now. It’s the culture of it, where, ‘I was trying to make the play, therefore it’s not my fault.'More people should be a little bit more outraged. God, I mean, when he left the ice he was surprised he got kicked out. It’s like, ‘Are you serious?’"

LOL!! Good for a laugh. We had a great chance to send a message last night. Score a goal or two on the 5 min power play and play hard, legal hockey. Yet, we just had 1 shot in 5 minutes. Teams know we are soft and we've proved it time and time again that if you come at us with hard hits, we will just lay down and die. We did it again last night. We want no part of that type of game. Being a team that shys away from games that are physical, our power play is just as pathetic. So, why wouldn't teams go after us like that?

you said teams basically go after us cause were soft. that sounds dirty. yes i want my team to stick up for one another and fight and hit, but i never want my team to be dirty.

What does hitting hard and playing tough have to do with being dirty? This is hockey, not figure skating. No?

you said teams basically go after us cause were soft. that sounds dirty. yes i want my team to stick up for one another and fight and hit, but i never want my team to be dirty.

It's smart for the other team. It's like Sabres are the nerdy kid at school. The bullies see that and are gonna be handing out wedgies every chance they get to demoralize the hell out of us. The teams we had before Lindy weren't dirty but they didn't take ###### from anyone either.

Taking beatings like this is a product of this teams reluctance to answer. I mean that's what McCormick is for. It's not like Kaleta is going to answer, he's one shot away from a wheelchair. Rivet has lost that mean streak since he got hurt. Gaustad thinks he's a goal scorer now. This team needs a reality check. Hell, we'd look better if Rayzor just jumped the boards and started smashing faces.

eh i dunno dude, that looked dirty. big time.

It wasn't from behind, the puck was near and the guy played like 79 games last year and had only 20 PIM. Never once anyone said he was dirty. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and made a mistake in a very quick game. Was a bad hit, but not that bad. JPom gets up, and nobody is talking about this. He won't get over 1 game. One game max for him.

i dunno, he goes for the big hit but i dont think in a dirty way.

Look at a MB for a team after Kaleta lands a big hit against them and watch the crying. It's all perspective. Plus, I think the fact that Kaleta doesn't answer to fights opens this team's "stars" up to taking hits like Pominville.

It wasn't from behind, the puck was near and the guy played like 79 games last year and had only 20 PIM. Never once anyone said he was dirty. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and made a mistake in a very quick game. Was a bad hit, but not that bad. JPom gets up, and nobody is talking about this. He won't get over 1 game. One game max for him.

It was from behind. Period. You are wrong.

I showed the play to a Devils fan today because he had only seen the ice level replay of it. I wanted his opinion because I know that I am a Sabres homer. The main camera shot shows that without a doubt it was from behind and my friend said it was a really dangerous and stupid play.

It was from behind. Period. You are wrong.

I showed the play to a Devils fan today because he had only seen the ice level replay of it. I wanted his opinion because I know that I am a Sabres homer. The main camera shot shows that without a doubt it was from behind and my friend said it was a really dangerous and stupid play.

From Matt Barnaby- "I have watched the hit on Pomminstein several times! No suspension deserved There was no intent! He slowed down! No elbow! Its a hockey hit with a bad result! Don't get me wrong they will give him 1 or 2 but He will get suspended !! I know! I don't agree! End of subject!"

So are you taking issue with the Miller quote too, because I have no idea why you included that in the thread.

Yeah I am. Quick the damn whining and focus on the game, not the Hawks. By the time we play the Hawks again end of the week, we may be 1-4. Let the league worry about the Hawks and the hit. Let's focus on the Devils, then the Habs.

Yeah I am. Quick the damn whining and focus on the game, not the Hawks. By the time we play the Hawks again end of the week, we may be 1-4. Let the league worry about the Hawks and the hit. Let's focus on the Devils, then the Habs.

Isn't he still a part of the competition committee? Hits like that are very much a concern for him. And to call that whining is ridiculous. He sat out there on the ice for around 15 minutes ridiculously worried about the health of a teammate and friend. He has every right to say something like that. To even suggest that he should not make a single comment about it is completely ridiculous.

Pominville had his back to Hammer the whole time and the puck was still tangled up with Hossa and Sekera. It was a stupid play. The refs hand went up immediately after the hit. There was no hesitation and he had a perfect line of sight to the hit. Hammer initiated contact right on the 9 of Pominville and the squeezed him out into the boards. It was dirty.

Isn't he still a part of the competition committee? Hits like that are very much a concern for him. And to call that whining is ridiculous. He sat out there on the ice for around 15 minutes ridiculously worried about the health of a teammate and friend. He has every right to say something like that. To even suggest that he should not make a single comment about it is completely ridiculous.

Pommer is fine, he needs to get over it. It's not the end of the world. Time to move on. Should he make comments about it? Sure. To pretty much demand the league suspends a player? Riiight. That's not up to Miller. The last thing we need is him giving the Hawks more bulletin material for the spanking they are about to give us on Saturday night. Besides, all the talk, and i bet Lalime will be in Sat night for the whooping. Maybe he can sit on the bench and worry about the well being of the team.

The hit wasn't "dirty", but it wasn't a safe play and the guy deserved to get his butt kicked.

Connolly actually did a nobel thing....must be a contract year.

The hit itself:

A) Pominville awaits the pass, turns his head and sees the guy headed full steam at him

B) The guy times the hit as the puck reaches Pominville

C) While Pominville's body lurches forward....if you look at the video, the hit is actually initiated by the Hawks player's inside hip making contact with THE FRONT portion of Pominville's hip

D) No elbow or high stick

It is the type of unsafe hit you want out of the game but it wasn't dirty intent. The guy gambles Pominville will duck and cover as he gets the puck....instead he mistimes it and Pominville looks away.

Adam Mair should have been suspended 20 times last year if this guy gets one. Pominville hits the deck and not the boards...and it's probably 2 minutes.

The hit wasn't "dirty", but it wasn't a safe play and the guy deserved to get his butt kicked.

Connolly actually did a nobel thing....must be a contract year.

The hit itself:

A) Pominville awaits the pass, turns his head and sees the guy headed full steam at him

B) The guy times the hit as the puck reaches Pominville

C) While Pominville's body lurches forward....if you look at the video, the hit is actually initiated by the Hawks player's inside hip making contact with THE FRONT portion of Pominville's hip

D) No elbow or high stick

It is the type of unsafe hit you want out of the game but it wasn't dirty intent. The guy gambles Pominville will duck and cover as he gets the puck....instead he mistimes it and Pominville looks away.

Adam Mair should have been suspended 20 times last year if this guy gets one. Pominville hits the deck and not the boards...and it's probably 2 minutes.

Did you even see the play? If you only watched the ice level replay, then this is what it looked like. But there is no perspective in that replay, it looks like a nice clean hit from the side. It's the camera 1 shot that shows it was from behind. The actual mechanics of the hit I have no problem with, but it was absolutely from behind and therefore dirty.

The need to respond Saturday night! The response has to be vicious to a point where teams around the league take notice. Every "star" player on the Blackhawks has to have a bulls-eye on their backs. This is not just about Pomminstein. It's about Pomminvile! It's about Vanek taking a slash across the legs and getting knocked out of the playoffs and the slash he took a week earlier against the Sens. It's about Gomez running Miller behind and ending the Sabres playoff chances. Those instances and others like them need to be addressed once and for all. If they are not they will continue to happen to the Sabres. If they end up paying a fine and taking a couple of suspensions so be it. The long term gains will greatly out weigh them.

Archived