Watching the Sabres in Pittsburgh

3cheesenacho

Maybe some of the regulars can help here, who was the poster from Pittsburgh that would go off the deep end ranting with hate at all things Pittsburgh from time to time?. You need to find that guy and watch the games with him.

I do remember that guy... I know I have read a bunch of posts by people from Pittsburgh on here in the past so hopefully someone has some good ideas

I live in the Pittsburgh area but have had Center Ice since I moved here so I don't really know anywhere to watch the games. But I think there are a couple Buffalo Wild Wings that have the Center Ice package and will usually accomodate you... I watched a game at the one in Robinson a couple years ago when I was in the area. BWW or Damon's might be places to call and check out.

I live in the Pittsburgh area but have had Center Ice since I moved here so I don't really know anywhere to watch the games. But I think there are a couple Buffalo Wild Wings that have the Center Ice package and will usually accomodate you... I watched a game at the one in Robinson a couple years ago when I was in the area. BWW or Damon's might be places to call and check out.

Fox and Hound is a sports bar-type place, too. The one here in King of Prussia (near Philly, not going to help you) has Center Ice, so if there's one in Pitts, it might be a good place to try.

Just moved here and need a place to watch the games, at least until I can get my cable set up and get the Center Ice package. Any ideas? Do they show the games at Buffalo Blues where they show all the Bills games? Thanks!

I used to go to Buffalo Blues for the Bills games. I had Center Ice when I lived there, but I do know that I've seen other out-of-town games on at Buffalo Blues at various times. I'd suggest getting there a bit ahead of time and asking if they could designate one of the TV's for ya (or maybe even call them?), they're pretty cool there.

Otherwise... I'm guessing you're located somewhere in the city? I've also seen out-of-town games at Fathead's in Southside on a couple times, for what it's worth. AWESOME burgers (headwiches) and microbrews, by the way... definitely check out Fathead's at some point either way!

Also, be prepared for a week or two wait to schedule cable hookup if you're going with Comcast... :sick:

Lastly, let me know if you have any other Pittsburgh questions! It's a fun town to live in, lots of different things going on.

Hope this helps some!

Just moved here and need a place to watch the games, at least until I can get my cable set up and get the Center Ice package. Any ideas? Do they show the games at Buffalo Blues where they show all the Bills games? Thanks!

This is the last place I watched a Sabres game out at a bar but it was playoffs last year. They do have a regular Bflo crowd that frequents the bar so a call ahead may be in order. Note it is in a transitional neighborhood in Pittsburg but it's cool so don't let that put you off.

One thing you need to learn about living here is where you set up shop definitely affects your willingness to travel after awhile because of the horrible design of the roads and limited access points in and out of north south east and west. Second or maybe this should be first but when the Pens are playing then pretty much no matter where you go all TV's are tuned into the pens... Sux

Fox and Hound is a sports bar-type place, too. The one here in King of Prussia (near Philly, not going to help you) has Center Ice, so if there's one in Pitts, it might be a good place to try.

There is a fox and hound in North Hills on McKnight Rd but I have never seen them show any other games other than Pens or divisional rivals not that they couldn't. I would definitely call ahead before to check if they would.

nice... Thanks for the suggestions everyone... I called the Fox and Hound and they weren't sure and Buffalo Blues said they don't have the center ice package yet... Any other suggestions?

Forgot they have a free trial of Center Ice for the first couple weeks each season... Saw this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539736 ...first 18 days free. Although I'm not sure it helps you if you don't have cable hooked up yet.

Hey There - Yes, Buffalo Blues has center ice, we have a crew that goes there for every Bills game (we're masochists) and we try to make every Friday night Sabres game as well. We'll be there at the bar tonight, but you should be able to get a TV anywhere in the restaurant with them on.

Archived