Kassian quote

Bob Goulet

Word on the street, Superman wears Chuck Norris underwear.

And now back to Zack...

I don't think he gets a contract or a roster spot.

Agreed. Except maybe not on the Chuck Norris underwear. Either way, he has to play EXCELLENT in preseason to make the team. I'll be the first to admit that he did that the first preseason game but went invisible over the last two (save for a couple of plays). After that bar fight in May, I just think that DR and LR believe he needs more maturation, which he can and hopefully will find in the OHL.

One thing that they may not want to underestimate is how complementary of a player Zack can be with our current roster. Sure, you stick him with a couple of aren't-going-to-make-it prospects, he isn't effective, but the question should be: how much more effective could a Vanek-Roy- line be with him on the wing or if they want to keep Hecht on the line with Connolly and Pommer, how effective of a third scoring line could Ennis-Niedermayer- be with Zack on the wing.

He may be over thinking the "I have to show I'm more than just a thug" part, which would explain why he hasn't been a wrecking ball the last couple of games. Unfortunately, he also hasn't been with the same level of skilled offensive players. Now, it may sound obvious that if you put him with better players, he'll be more effective, but not all players put into similar positions would be as effective with those skilled players. I hope that he gets at least one more shot with a couple of skilled (finesse) players to show how he can complete that type of line.

One thing that they may not want to underestimate is how complementary of a player Zack can be with our current roster. Sure, you stick him with a couple of aren't-going-to-make-it prospects, he isn't effective, but the question should be: how much more effective could a Vanek-Roy- line be with him on the wing or if they want to keep Hecht on the line with Connolly and Pommer, how effective of a third scoring line could Ennis-Niedermayer- be with Zack on the wing.

He may be over thinking the "I have to show I'm more than just a thug" part, which would explain why he hasn't been a wrecking ball the last couple of games. Unfortunately, he also hasn't been with the same level of skilled offensive players. Now, it may sound obvious that if you put him with better players, he'll be more effective, but not all players put into similar positions would be as effective with those skilled players. I hope that he gets at least one more shot with a couple of skilled (finesse) players to show how he can complete that type of line.

That Niedermayer-Ennis-Kassian line was a sight to behold. I'd sure like to see it again before any decisions are made on Kassian, who admittedly has done very little in the last 2 games.

Of course, Ennis might be the kind of guy who can make just about any linemate look good...

That Niedermayer-Ennis-Kassian line was a sight to behold. I'd sure like to see it again before any decisions are made on Kassian, who admittedly has done very little in the last 2 games.

Of course, Ennis might be the kind of guy who can make just about any linemate look good...

You have to think that Niedermayer liked that line too. Have the young guys skate all over the place and hit everyone while he can just find his spots.

Archived